1st level Par round

Shreddingvelvet

Visit site
So I currently play off 8.3 in the space of a week I got my first hole in one and shot a level par round of 71.

Birdies at 2 3 and 8 with one bogey at 9 also missed an easy birdie at 7, I was 34 front 9.

Back nine was pars less 15 and 16 for a 37.

My brother was playing he shot a 78 and I beat him 6&5.

Absolutely buzzing.

My best round before that was a 76.

Long may it continue.

D

Deleted member 25172

Great stuff. I’m off 4.4 and have never shot level par. Have had 2 3 over pars, so target for next year is definitely to shoot level!

Shreddingvelvet

Visit site
I have started thinking more about course management before any hole not par 3 like Driver hwg, I hit a 3 iron on a couple of the par 4s, pretty much all my problems previous have been trouble off the tee(just 1 or 2 holes) but that's you dropping a shot or 2 straight away, that and the dreaded 3 putt, never had a problem with irons or round the green chipping.

I started the season off great was thinking I was capable of getting to 5 this year then I had a rib stress fracture set me back.

Finished the season on 9.1 but on the Scottish golf app my new handicap is 8.3, hoping to start shooting mid 70s consistently as I know I'm not going to shoot 71 every round.

Shreddingvelvet

Visit site
Yup, no idea when I broke par but clearly remember by first 69 [:eek:] Three under par.
I was 16 years old

I get it!
I started golf at 17 first handicap was 13 over the years never really got into it, I'm 35 now and going for my 2nd full season at a club they gave me a handicap of 9 which I struggled with at the start but I maintained it through the season playing about 20 games for handicap.

My aim is scratch by 40, I'm also using hand me down clubs with no wedges just P - 3 I think I will start to take it seriously now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I get it!
I started golf at 17 first handicap was 13 over the years never really got into it, I'm 35 now and going for my 2nd full season at a club they gave me a handicap of 9 which I struggled with at the start but I maintained it through the season playing about 20 games for handicap.

My aim is scratch by 40, I'm also using hand me down clubs with no wedges just P - 3 I think I will start to take it seriously now.

"BuT iT's AlL aBoUt ThE eQuIpMeNt" ;)

That's seriously good, well done.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Congratulations, I’ve had a 71 this year which was level to SSS, and below the new course rating of 71.4 but par is 70. Might count it anyway. I was off 13 (12.6) at the time.
I think you should, WHS has reminded us that par isn't that important.

Well played OP. Out of interest what is the course rating for the tees you played that great round from?

I recall many years ago the first time I played golf for a week, towards the end I scored a fine round, think it was 2 or 3 over. I didn't even keep the card as I foolishly thought that was going to be how it would be from now on - until golf put me back in my box! I was young & naive - am sure you guys are better placed to push on.