1st competition 2021

IanMcC

Visit site
Been open for about a fortnight in Wales, so our first comp will be Sunday 28th, March Monthly Medal, as per our diary. It will be in 2 balls though, as per Drakeford and Wales Golf instruction. The following Sunday is supposed to be a Gents Greensome board comp. Depending on Drakeford's update on 2nd April, I will either make it an extra medal in 2 balls, or a Betterball pairs comp (to avoid ballsharing).

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Our first Medal is the first Saturday in April so that is just 2 rounds to get back up to speed and with a nearly all new to me set of clubs.

Well at least your handicap wont go up if its a car crash (assuming that your 20th oldest score isn't one of your best 8!!).

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We had our first qualifier this weekend after reopening last.

The greens probably aren’t quite qualifier standard ready just yet (well, that’s my excuse ?).

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Ours is this Friday, Saturday and Sunday, NON QUALIFER 2 person team comp called the 3 sixes.
1st 6 holes only the best net score counts
2nd 6 holes combined net scores count
3rd 6 holes played as a Greensome gross score counts.

I really pity my PP :devilish: ,

Having joined a club last year, and and just getting a handicap before lockdown 3, my first comp of the return will be my first comp. I’ve entered the summer match play knockout (18+) category which hopefully will be a nice mix of competition and fun. Hoping for a good competitor in my first round game who doesn’t mind showing me how it all works. At the moment not sure I can remember which end of the club to hold.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well at least your handicap wont go up if its a car crash (assuming that your 20th oldest score isn't one of your best 8!!).

I have five rounds to go before my handicap index gets affected. I am hoping one of those is a good one to get my handicap back down.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Our first comp back is a 4ball betterball - Saturday 3rd April!

The usual 4 ball have entered, a nice friendly first comp back with no pressure - very pleased the committee started things out easy!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I have five rounds to go before my handicap index gets affected. I am hoping one of those is a good one to get my handicap back down.
First 'board' competition is on 18th April - though summer KOs are starting immediately (only got four 1st Rnd matches to fit in before end May :) )

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our first comp is a board comp major.
Two part 36 hole medal.
A major first Saturday after a 3 month lay off, will be interesting.
Just found out the second round is Easter Monday.
So anyone working next week the first ball they hit after a 3 month lay off will be a board comp.
With the second round two days later.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The foursome matchplay resumes on reopening - so will be playing our match on 2April.
That shouldn’t be allowed really sharing equipment( balls)
Is there any special rules I.e. preffered lies and just replace your own ball ?
It’s possible only one player touches the ball throughout the round.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That shouldn’t be allowed really sharing equipment( balls)
Is there any special rules I.e. preffered lies and just replace your own ball ?
It’s possible only one player touches the ball throughout the round.

With preferred lies in place it does not require a special rule. Any time you lift your ball and are moving/dropping it in a new location you may substitute the ball with another one.