150th Open @ St Andrews ballot

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would a taxi take us from the airport to St Andrew’s?
Of course they will. It’s just a matter of how much you’re willing to pay.

There are lots of firms that transfer to St Andrews. Usually around £80 to £140 one way for a pre booked car. I’d expect to double or triple that for The Open though.

C7usk

Visit site
Appreciate the reply!

Starting to think it may not be worth the hassle :ROFLMAO:
Train from the airport seems to take over two hours and I can’t seem to find anything reasonable accommodation wise.

Would a taxi take us from the airport to St Andrew’s?

The train to Leuchars is only just over the hour and the car park has ole ty buses to then take you the few miles into St Andrews... We went in 2014 I think it was and worked a treat. Nice train journey over the forth rail bridge also... As for a taxi I'm not sure the price... I certain ky wouldn't be getting an airport cab... Poss be phoning one in advance to get a quote and arrange pick up.. Good luck.

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not recieved any emails yet! fingers crossed tho.

has anyone had any communication since the first ballot was drawn, or do you reckon everyone has the email at the same time?

Doug_Aberdeen

Hacker
Visit site
Not recieved any emails yet! fingers crossed tho.

has anyone had any communication since the first ballot was drawn, or do you reckon everyone has the email at the same time?

Yesterday was the last day to pay for tickets allocated from the initial ballot, so I'll assume they'll either run a further ballot, or release those for general sale shortly.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a theory that they’re communicating with people in alphabetical order. The only people I know who’ve been notified so far all have surnames A to D and those I know still waiting are towards the end in the W’s onwards.

Don’t know for sure, just my theory, but it’s one way to manage the demands on the systems I guess. ?‍♂️

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a theory that they’re communicating with people in alphabetical order. The only people I know who’ve been notified so far all have surnames A to D and those I know still waiting are towards the end in the W’s onwards.

Don’t know for sure, just my theory, but it’s one way to manage the demands on the systems I guess. ?‍♂️
Bugger!! Haha

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site

yeah thats a possibility, if true it means im still in the running ?

Savo01

Visit site
Has anyone else received notification yet? I am in the ballot but nothing as of yet.............................:cry:

C7usk

Visit site

Lol. You would think surely not..... But weirdly my surname starts with C and I have tickets. My 2 mates who have W and L respectively haven't heard anything.... Its all a conspiracy... ?

Savo01

Visit site
Maybe a silly question, but for anyone that got tickets, were you emailed first thing in the morning or can it be sent at any time?

Mockba

Visit site
I applied for a practice day and the Thursday and I've received an email confirming I have tickets for the practice day. Does this mean that I've only been successful with the practice day application (all done on the same form I think) or do they split the days up separately so I could still get the Thursday?

Thanks

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well my compatriot got his email notification today and all he’s been offered is one wednesday ticket. Considering we both applied for every day of the week for both of us and my daughter it’s hugely disappointing.

Will have to chance our luck again in the ticket marketplace when that starts in the new year.

Savo01

Visit site
I've still heard nothing, which I don't know is a good or bad thing. I would be surprised if there is any surplus to go on sale next year given the demand apparently. I remember going to Sandwich in 2011 and only buying a ticket for the Sunday, on the Thursday! Changed times obviously.