15 Clubs

The Dog.

Visit site
Nice old school TM's there Bobmac! :)

Golfspy and my club pro recommend replacing wedges after 70 rounds. I haven't and am using a Cleveland lob wedge that I got in the 90's! I do change the 54 degree wedge relatively often though as I chip with it and like to get the second bounce backspin with a low shot.

Boomy

Visit site
people will alwys carry 14 clubs just because they can and think that it will make them score lower. I carry a 50* and 58* as I really do not see the point of wasting money on a SW as it will never get used, but people will argue that a full set of wedges is needed.

Carrying 14 clubs isn’t always about extra wedges, some people like to carry a 3,5,7,9 wood, some like a 2,3,4 hybrid or 1 and 2 iron. Each to their own and it’s generally to suit the course/courses they play. And what’s the big issue with people carrying a ‘full set’ of wedges? If it works for them then crack on!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I'm not posting a picture of my Ram tour grind 64. I keep it covered up on religious grounds. Yep, put GOLF as my religion on the census form. Anybody else do this?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Surely a 50 degree wedge would replace the 52 and gap it better?
More like a 48 and 54.

God knows what the loft on the 5 iron is like if PW is 42 degrees....

They're pretty mad lofted right! I tend to be hitting a club weaker than all my mates when we play - at least!

5 iron is at 21 degrees...

Still a huge gap between 42 and 50 isnt there! I will stress, I do own very cheap wedges, when I eventually splash out on a set of some that cost more than £40 a club, Ill get the gapping sorted properly.

Waitforme

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think we could all use less clubs without too much of a detriment.
I’m currently using 10 clubs , d , 3w, 4hy, 7i, 9i , 4 wedges and a putter.
The 7 & 9 are borrowed as I sold my irons as I’ve ordered another set.
Shot 6 over this morning, best score for a while.