12A rated language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m confused, based on language that 12a’s are using now, I’d suggest the forum has stepped into its own category of 8a!

I thought I’d a naughty word that’s used pre watershed and got an infraction. ??‍♂️

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I’m confused, based on language that 12a’s are using now, I’d suggest the forum has stepped into its own category of 8a!

I thought I’d a naughty word that’s used pre watershed and got an infraction. ??‍♂️

You actually received a warning PM and the post was edited or deleted, no infraction was issued.
Please lets get our facts right.

The problem with swearing is, if you allow some, where do you draw the line as there will always be people who will push the envelope?

A blanket ban is simple to understand and I will say it again, all of us on here are intelligent enough not to have to revert to sweary stuff to get our points across.
The poo emoji is in with another bunch of emojis and as far as I am aware, we cant get rid of just one, so we need to live with it and use it sparingly and appropriately.

I know admin are looking at a rules review and they are aware of this

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Fraggles, it was said in humour and I wasn’t referring to the polite and gentlemanly warning I was pm’d.

I understand the blanket ban as it’s not open to interpretation,

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is there a reason this forum can't have an automatic censor for swearwords? I've always wondered why that wasn't in place given that I remember that technology existing on forums I used 15-20 years ago. i.e. it changes every swearword you log in to **** or similar and saves anybody from getting a ban for a rash post here or there.

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
We used to have one, but not on the current software version

You also used to get an infraction if you triggered the sweary filter.

Using asterisks etc to disguise swearing is specifically mentioned in the forum rules.

GM don’t want sweary words on their forum, it be as simple as that ?

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site

Using asterisks etc to disguise swearing is specifically mentioned in the forum rules.

The thing is no one's paying any attention as can be seen by the amount of new additions since your new rule. Which gives rise to the notion that the rules are not applied evenly across all forumers.

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
The thing is no one's paying any attention as can be seen by the amount of new additions since your new rule. Which gives rise to the notion that the rules are not applied evenly across all forumers.

They are applied equally to all
But we rely on stuff being reported as we don’t view every post, some stuff will slip through, but it gets dealt with when spotted.

The notion that the mods do not apply the rules equally across all members is laughable

I even gave my own brother an infraction a couple of years ago, ( mind you that was quite enjoyable)

The rules are there for all, they are GM’s rules, we just enforce them as best we can

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

we save them all up and let rip at the H4H meet

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
Well to be fair the hole the mods sponsored was a “swear as much as you like” hole, subject to a donation to H4H

I trust you contributed well ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's still a swear word even if there are asterisks.
I don't think that's true if there's no letters at all?? It would just be four asterisks. :unsure:

You could set the filter to replace them with completely different words rather than asterisks though. Would be quite be funny depending on what words you pick. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.