100 holes in a day

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Our captain and a pal are playing 100 holes tomorrow at our place for charity. They start at 4.15 tomorrow morning. The club has let them have two buggies. The rest are rented out. Don't know how many holes they will get out if the buggies. Anyone else done owt like this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

We’ve got 4 guys attempting to play 7 Rounds at our place on the 28th June, all walking and only using/carrying 4 clubs each.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Did one for Childline donkey's years ago; 4 different courses in one day and not a buggy or a trolley to be seen. We met up at 2am before going off to the various courses in minibuses before repairing to the pub afterwards.;

In hindsight, the mistake was meeting in the pub at 2am... :oops:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Think last year someone on here (maybe a pro) completed a shocking number of holes. Someone might recall enough to find the thread.
For OP; Not sure if using buggies is in the spirit of these sort of things, but assuming there is a charity link then good luck to them.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Out captain and a pal are playing 100 holes tomorrow at our place for charity. They start at 4.15 tomorrow morning. The club has let them have two buggies. The rest are rented out. Don't know how many holes they will get out if the buggies. Anyone else done owt like this.

Tashy they did it at Anahita a year or so ago (with buggy) Quickest 18 for a single player with driver was done in 36 minutes scoring gross 74!
(i'll bet they switched off the GPS sensor that locks the cart of you go too near the greens etc)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Done the Macmillan thing before and if I can get it worked logistically would definitely do it again and try and do it on four local courses. I know a guy who did the 100 holes a couple of years back just walking and he got round pretty quick and said it wasn't too bad.....until he got up the next day

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our captain did it 2 yrs ago. He found it very tiring, emotionally so as much as anything. He said he found himself crying at times through fatigue and not wanting to let anyone down. Ours is quite a long walk and 100 holes is a long distance.

One thing Tashy, the bloke said it was a huge boost to morale when other people joined in for a few holes or came to cheer them on. It lifted the spirits when energy was low. Perhaps worth popping down and seeing them at some point.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Did the 72 hole challenge a couple of 3 years ago with the captain for his charity. We walked the 4 rounds, but the clubs were ferried around on buggies driven by friends and family. We started at 4:30 am on a wet dreary morning, couldn't even see the balls off the first tee, and finished the last round around 8pm. It was a really good crack, but 4 rounds in a day was a tough walk.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think last year someone on here (maybe a pro) completed a shocking number of holes. Someone might recall enough to find the thread.
For OP; Not sure if using buggies is in the spirit of these sort of things, but assuming there is a charity link then good luck to them.

It was Jason dransfield. Cant remember how many holes he played but remember he put in some very impressive scores that day too.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
About 7 or 8 years ago, our club pro did 6 rounds (108 holes) in a day for charity, with a different playing partner for each round.
Apart from the endurance factor, it was also of note that he scored under par on all 6 rounds.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've heard of the MacMillan Challenge, 72 holes in a day sounds difficult enough, with people teeing off at 4:30 and finishing around sunset. Although part of the challenge is to be on foot on believe, so with buggies maybe 100 holes is doable. Sounds like torture though after a certain point. Their shoulders and back will be done in the next day surely. Might as well sleep in an ice bath.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
About 7 or 8 years ago, our club pro did 6 rounds (108 holes) in a day for charity, with a different playing partner for each round.
Apart from the endurance factor, it was also of note that he scored under par on all 6 rounds.
That only makes it easier! If I did it I'd be about 20 over on the first round and probably 4 shots worse for every subsequent round, I'd never make it!

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't fancy that at all without a good bit of training. Our place flows quite nicely, but still a few hills on the back 9 and you'd need to really make swift progress to get 100 holes in.

Personally think using buggies is rather defeating the point. Ok, it would still be tiring, but hardly a huge physical challenge.

A guy on my instagram was doing it last week - assume the 72 holes - all different courses around Renfrewshire / Inverclyde. Carrying their clubs etc.

I'd be carrying maybe 9 or 10 clubs in a lightweight bag. A trolley might save a bit of energy but would mean taking more steps and probably more time.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thought about it a couple of times with the light up here this time of night it would be a doddle, though i expect it would be 18 holes then a nap for me now:(

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wonder how generous people would be with gimmes on stuff like this? I'm guessing more and more generous as the day goes on. By the 4th round you must be like "What's that, 12 feet? Yeah that's good" :LOL:

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our old pro did 8 rounds on 4 different courses in one day, he started as it got light and finished just about in darkness, he walked all 8 rounds but did have a caddy and ball spotters who also acted as drivers/masseuses/encouragers etc, he was just about out on his feet on the last 9 holes.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Think our club captain is about 60 odd yr old. For him To do 100 holes without a buggy may be stretching it. Plus as she on as the buggys die. He has to walk the rest of the holes. Dont onow how many holes a buggy will
Do.

D

Deleted member 25172

Did the MacMillan 72 hole challenge last year. Played all rounds on one course, walking and carrying. Didn't take as long as we first had thought, so we slowed down quite dramatically after 2 rounds. Even had time to stop to watch part of the second half of Sweden v Switzerland and having a pint before finishing up and end the night with watching Englands win over Colombia. :)
Rick Shiels was doing some work with Garmin on the course on the day and threw in a tenner to our fundraising when he heard what we were doing. Nice guy.

Managed to raise 2.5k, which my mates work doubled up, so 5k in total. Not bad if I may say so myself.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did the MacMillan 72 hole challenge last year. Played all rounds on one course, walking and carrying. Didn't take as long as we first had thought, so we slowed down quite dramatically after 2 rounds. Even had time to stop to watch part of the second half of Sweden v Switzerland and having a pint before finishing up and end the night with watching Englands win over Colombia. :)
Rick Shiels was doing some work with Garmin on the course on the day and threw in a tenner to our fundraising when he heard what we were doing. Nice guy.

Managed to raise 2.5k, which my mates work doubled up, so 5k in total. Not bad if I may say so myself.
Bloody hell, surely he can afford more than a tenner! Tightarse. :LOL:

AntShadow

Visit site
Did the longest day for MacMillan a couple of years ago, 72 holes - four ball all walking and carrying, got out the hutch at 6:30am and didn't get back in until about 8:30/9-ish