1 week wonder !!!

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Having played some ok golf of late, last week I finally managed to get myself down to single figures for the first time.

A 74 (+6) and 75 (+7) seen me cut to 9.4 last week.

Unfortunately I played yesterday off my new handicap of 9 and went round in 80 blows !!!

So back up to 9.5 and back to 10 again.

Hoping my next round is a proper decent one so I can at least survive a few weeks before coming back to 10...

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know how you feel I used to yoyo between 9 and 10 for ages now it just go's up 0.1 with the occasional cut. You have an advantage in that you're a lot younger than me. We'll done anyway

Last edited:

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Am not overly frustrated about it, i don't expect to break my handicap every week. It would be less annoying though if it wasn't hanging about the 9 figure !!!

Hopefully next sat I'll have another decent knock and get down again with a bit more breathing space to get used to it.

On the plus side, the two rounds where I shot 74 and 75 were both club championship qualifiers :) I'm sitting in 12th place at the moment and top 15 qualify.

There is one more qualifier to go and its next say.. I'll just have to pull another out the bag then :)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh, do us a favour. 80 from a 9 handicapper. Please.

The Club Champs were on this weekend at Bearwood Lakes, albeit off the black tees but in beautiful weather, CSS 75, but there were about 10 rounds of 100 or more from single figure players.

Handicaps reflect variability. Players shoot some good rounds, more terrible rounds but mostly mediocre rounds. I would say 80 was a decent respectable score. OK, it didn't trouble the prize table, but you can't do that every week. You have an extra shot to play with next week.