0.6 back???

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Play a howler on Saturday but thought little of it because I knew I should have a secure 15 handicap for quiet a while. My golfnet record showed me at 14.5 exact on 1/9/13 after an ESR reduction took me down from 15.5.

Checked today expecting to see my exact rise to 14.6 only to find the exact handicap after the ESR has been changed to 15 so now my exact is 15.1. Don't understand what has happened.

This was the second ESR I have had this year. Previous one was a 0.5 because I had 10 rounds from the initial trigger.

Between that and the most recent ESR there was only 3 rounds 2 with 0.1 back and one with a 0.6 reduction. Average between the 2 was -5 so I thought this should be a 1 stroke cut.

Anyone shed any light. I had just thought I was getting to grips with this handicap guff.

Could it have been because of this paragraph? Sorry the cut and paste is weird :D
CONGU said:
When a player returns a Qualifying Score with a NettDif erential of -4,or below, in a calendar year this
triggers the ESRalgorithm,setting an initial marker. An ESRcalculationwill be initiated the nextt ime
a Nett Differential of -4 or lower is returned by the player.This second Qualifying Score will also set a
new trigger for any subsequent return of another low score when the count within the ESR process
would be repeated. The average Nett Differential of the two scores is then compared to the number ofroundsin the sequence to establish anESR.The application of anESRis atthe discretion
of the Handicap Committee and would be applied over and above any handicap decrease already
automatically applied by the system. For this reason reductions of less than one stroke may be
recommended as,when combined with the decrease applied by the system,the overall reduction will
always be more than one stroke.
The case for applying an additionalESRincreases asthe average ofthe twoNettDif erentials becomes
lower and the number ofscoresin the sequence reduces.
HandicapCommitteesshould always considerthe player’s previousscoring history before applying any
reduction recommended by theESRprocess

Last edited: