£190 to spend on a new Driver, G15 or TM Superfast 2.0?

PPE

Head Pro
Visit site
Thinking of splashing some cash on a new Big Dog, but dont know which to get. I currently have a G10 and hit it quite well, but have heard good things about the G15 being even better?

I actually tried the TaylorMade Superfast Burner 2.0 the other day and found it to be very light, but BOY did it GO!

I will probably try the G15 at some point too, but in the meantime anyone got any thoughts? Flip a coin?

A

Alex1975

I owned a Burner Superfast for a week and I thought like you how hot the ball was off the face but the stock shaft is poop and sends the ball too high for me. I think its a good head but I think the G15 will feel more quality.

At the end of the day you know you have to try them back to back.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh damn, look at all the R11 haters!!

1060gi8.jpg

;)

Couldn't be happier with mine.

PPE

Head Pro
Visit site
If you're hitting your G10 ok, why change?

Is there a reason you want to change (More consistancy, more yards etc)?

Thats a good point, i suppose its the excitement of getting a shiny new stick! Thats another reason why I like the Burner Superfast because of the White head its something different, also the fact that it has a longer shaft to generate more club head speed for more distance.

Back to your question though, both!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Oh damn, look at all the R11 haters!!

Not haters, just should have purchased the superfast given that the driver it was replacing was a burner. on good days its good, but bad days are bad. where as with the burner bad days wasnt that bad, but on the flip good days wasnt as good.

bloody golf silly game ....

A

Alex1975

Thats a good point, i suppose its the excitement of getting a shiny new stick! Thats another reason why I like the Burner Superfast because of the White head its something different, also the fact that it has a longer shaft to generate more club head speed for more distance.

It does have a longer shaft and that can be a minus not a plus, your another inch away from the ball and that is another margin for error. Its a bit of a cheep way to gain yards by TM imo, but it does work I guess.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I'd go with the G15, but that's because when I tried a couple of drivers, it was the one that hit better for me and felt better for me.

Been using mine for about 6 months now, and it's been the best driver I've had to date..

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site

It does have a longer shaft and that can be a minus not a plus, your another inch away from the ball and that is another margin for error. Its a bit of a cheep way to gain yards by TM imo, but it does work I guess.

In addition, it's not only longer but it's also a very light club head and shaft. Might not suit some (although I love my SuperFast fairways and hybrid)

kinhell

Head Pro
Visit site
I own a G10 and tried the G15. There was no difference at all and the pro addmited it too. The Titleiest 909D3 is the one everyone is raving about on here. I just googled it and its within your budget too. Try it and let us know what you think.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Thinking of splashing some cash on a new Big Dog, but dont know which to get. I currently have a G10 and hit it quite well, but have heard good things about the G15 being even better?

I actually tried the TaylorMade Superfast Burner 2.0 the other day and found it to be very light, but BOY did it GO!

I will probably try the G15 at some point too, but in the meantime anyone got any thoughts? Flip a coin?

Hold it hold it hold it..the G10 is a good driver. I only changed to the Tileist because I stole the money from her purse when she was blootered and I get less spin, better into the wind for me. Otherwise the G10 is the dogs.

D

Deleted member 1418

Am trying out the G15 and the r11 tonight! Being a big TM fan the r11 is looking most likely, however I am not prepared to rule the G15 out! Result will be in my signature by the end of the week :D

PPE

Head Pro
Visit site
Hold it hold it hold it..the G10 is a good driver. I only changed to the Tileist because I stole the money from her purse when she was blootered and I get less spin, better into the wind for me. Otherwise the G10 is the dogs.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but doesnt Mr Lee Westwood still play with a G10?