Zero Confidence Hitting Irons

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know what you mean, I do know someone selling a used 3-PW set of DG Lite R300 shafts pulled from a Mizuno factory fitted set for £40 delivered. Most pro's will fit for about £50 I believe then flog your set of irons on ebay. Just a thought.
Tried both shafts 95 and 105 in the 850 forged this afternoon at the range and didn't like any of them. I then hit 10 balls with a PX5.5 in the 850 forged and the difference is night and day. PX felt smoother and not so stiff and flew further.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Tried both shafts 95 and 105 in the 850 forged this afternoon at the range and didn't like any of them. I then hit 10 balls with a PX5.5 in the 850 forged and the difference is night and day. PX felt smoother and not so stiff and flew further.

thats interesting, it must be you are more suited to R than S, certainly I loved the R XP I tried. Something about feeling that extra 'kick' you get with R over S

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I hear you OP - been down that line with horribly fitted clubs before! I ended up selling them and just 'self fitting' and have been so much happier since!

I've just recently tried getting fitted again and really really can't recommend it to anyone based on my personal experiences in the last 2 years but that's probably worth a separate thread on its own!

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
thats interesting, it must be you are more suited to R than S, certainly I loved the R XP I tried. Something about feeling that extra 'kick' you get with R over S

Seriously thinking of bagging them and picking up a set of the shelf and trying to start enjoying my golf again instead of stressing about it. Should still get a decent sum back for the Mizunos

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I would definitely get on a launch monitor somewhere with a different pro and just get them to look at the swing and the numbers and then make a decision. If he confirms what you're feeling when you swing and the results seem to be showing, that they aren't ideal then go back to the fitter. See what they say. If they won't help as others say, swallow your losses and get rid and start again or get them reshafted.

I can't see the situation changing and I know from the negativity I felt for my G25's when I was chipping that it does eat away at you and nags you over the ball. I knew I had to get rid. Tee to green they were the perfect match but I hated them for chipping

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would definitely get on a launch monitor somewhere with a different pro and just get them to look at the swing and the numbers and then make a decision. If he confirms what you're feeling when you swing and the results seem to be showing, that they aren't ideal then go back to the fitter. See what they say. If they won't help as others say, swallow your losses and get rid and start again or get them reshafted.

I can't see the situation changing and I know from the negativity I felt for my G25's when I was chipping that it does eat away at you and nags you over the ball. I knew I had to get rid. Tee to green they were the perfect match but I hated them for chipping
Tried that Homer I'm afraid mate, went back to where i was fitted and there nowt they can do as Mizuno would look at the fitting results and go with them as they can only make a recommendation , I've been on Trackman a few times recently and used the optimiser and my ball strikings not been the best as I've no confidence in my irons. Think its time to cut my losses so i can start enjoying it again.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tried that Homer I'm afraid mate, went back to where i was fitted and there nowt they can do as Mizuno would look at the fitting results and go with them as they can only make a recommendation , I've been on Trackman a few times recently and used the optimiser and my ball strikings not been the best as I've no confidence in my irons. Think its time to cut my losses so i can start enjoying it again.

Sorry to hear that mate. I guess you'll get some money back if you flog these ones on via e-bay etc and then see where you go from there. Is there anywhere else you can get fitted for Mizuno as I assume you like the heads

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hear that mate. I guess you'll get some money back if you flog these ones on via e-bay etc and then see where you go from there. Is there anywhere else you can get fitted for Mizuno as I assume you like the heads

Yeah the range i go to has the full whack,tried a few shafts this afternoon and the PX5.5 was the best in feel and distance. Would cost to much to get resifted and i don't do ebay I'm afraid.

nickyj4

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the same irons with the PX 6.0 and must admit that I had similar issues but I have put it down to a change from a Regular shaft to stiff, got a lesson on Wednesday so will see if that helps.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I have the same irons with the PX 6.0 and must admit that I had similar issues but I have put it down to a change from a Regular shaft to stiff, got a lesson on Wednesday so will see if that helps.

R to PX6.0 is a big jump in stiffness and weight!

Personally I played Reg shafts even as a big booming 22 year old, thing is I didnt know anything about shafts and I played what I bought off the shelf- only changed to Stiff after a Mizuno fitting insisted on it 4 years ago!(3 decades later) My game has been in decline the last 4 years:eek:

nickyj4

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought regular as I didnt know any better, got fitted for these ones and the PX 6.0 gave me a better ball flight as I was always hitting the ball into the upper atmosphere