Your own personal highlight on the course?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The final of a scratch league. 5 under gross after 6 holes, and 6 up. I won my match quite comfortably 8 & 7, but the team lost. The round was sublime, but the edge was taken off it as most of the team came in.

Another almost good round. Playing as a two ball we teed off a hole behind a 4 ball. We caught them fairly quickly but they refused to let us through, stating they were playing in the summer 4 ball knockout, which trumped the Medal we were playing in - I was 6 under gross walking off the 12th green when we called it a day due to failing light.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
It will take me a long time to forget my match winning 155 yard 6 iron up the 18th at Blackmoor to 4 inches and to clinch the match for therod and I against Swinger and Richart.

No better place to hit a shot like that!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine was probably being -6 through 16 holes @ Hockley in there mens open, and very unlucky not to have been about -10. The fact i finished bogey, double was almost irrelevant.

Off the course, winning the long drive comp @ the callaway/Golf Monthly Kings of Distance day at Stoke Park in front of 100odd people was nice, especially when Quiros was p!ssed that i was 20yds past him!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
National Knockout comp.

I was 2 down with 3 to play and tee shot was in the rough on 16, he was well down the middle.
Hacked it out to 100yds from green, he was on in 2.
3rd shot wasn't even inside his 20 footer.
I holed my tramliner and he 3 putted- 1 down

Both hit next in regulation- I holed a 50 footer for birdie- he didnt. All square

18th, Pulled my tee shot into clag and blocked out by trees- he was past me up the middle.
I manufactured a duck hook 6 iron to the edge of the green- he was on in 2.
Bad chip by me, he 3 putted and I holed the 10 footer for a win.

I didn't deserve that win, but just shows you anything can happen in golf and its not how but how many.

D

Deleted member 15344

My first round under gross round the marquess

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
44 points, to win the Stan Wilde Trophy, my first big event at my new club - it marks the changeover of Captain's, so it's a well attended event.

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Winning the club tour championship at my old club in Portugal in 2007, 40 players combined stable ford scores over 5 rounds, including clawing back a 5 point deficit on the back nine on the final day.

And winning the Spring Vase at my new club last year, two rounds of 2 under net. My first 36 hole comp.

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I shot 75 in a club comp a couple of years ago in a serious wind. It's not my lowest score but CSS went up to 73 that day and I was 1 short of the best scratch score. Think I won by 6 shots in the end.

I can't remember much about the round but I remember in the bar afterwards, the Captain was getting up to date contact details from the guys competing and he asked how we got on. When I told him, he stopped writing, looked at me, looked outside, then back at me and said "75 in THAT?!" and shook his head.

I knew I'd played well but that was the moment I realised how well.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably shooting a 74 around the Old Course at St Andrews in 2008.

I had never played the course before and it was the a wee treat to myself as it was the 100th course I'd ever played. My girlfriend/now wife came round with me and took some video (I see the YouTube video now has over 25,000 hits) and I had the company of two other visitors and our caddies, who were all great company. A very memorable day.

Started off poorly and a bit nervously and was +5 after 6 holes but played well after that to be 3 under for the last 12 holes, including a birdie 3 at the Road Hole, which was a major bonus!. Even managed to get a full page article in Golf Monthly afterwards about the day and the lead up to it. In the round before that I'd shot my first ever level par round and the in the one before that I'd had an albatross... so it was quite a wee purple patch in my golfing life.

Happy to take that round to the grave. :)

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking round the field at the NW / Scotland meets and realising how lucky you are to be able to enjoy such great courses, in brilliant company, with the prospect of a great night to follow :cheers:

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After hitting a hole in one at my home course to no witnesses, I was pretty chuffed to do the same, on the same hole with a witness....only two days later. The flag is framed on my wall.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
>my first (and to date only) level gross medal round in a qualifier (playing off 11 at the time)

>the round that got me down to 5 for the first time

>my first game as scratch team captain

>winning the FedEx Challenge at Royal Lytham last year

these are the things that will stay with me forever......:thup:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Personally I like winning competitions playing with a partner. More fun sharing the experience.

Now who did I win at Cooden with ?:mmm:

Shooting a net 63 at Blackmoor in a board comp was fun, until a young whippersnapper came in with a 58 about half an hour later.:eek:

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Saturday's round(well first two holes) would be up there. Started with a birdie on our par 5 opener, then a group let us through on the second which is a drivable par 4. They were standing half way down the fairway. I stepped up and plonked my mini driver onto the fringe, walked up through them and sunk the putt for eagle to a little round of applause. Standing on the 3rd tee with 8 points and 3 under par felt good. 😄

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Personally I like winning competitions playing with a partner. More fun sharing the experience.
Now who did I win at Cooden with ?:mmm:

It was "one of those days" mate.
Neither of us really put a foot wrong, and we dovetailed brilliantly.
They don't come along very often.
Treasure the memories...... (and that lovely cut glass decanter)
;)

morgs

Club Champion
Visit site
Scoring my best ever round to date about six months after joining the club. Pro's day and perfect for golf, little wind and plenty of sun. Went on to shoot an 81 against a par of 69.... Playing of 27. Getting cut was almost as nice as the Ping golf bag I won for coming first.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Scoring my best ever round to date about six months after joining the club. Pro's day and perfect for golf, little wind and plenty of sun. Went on to shoot an 81 against a par of 69.... Playing of 27. Getting cut was almost as nice as the Ping golf bag I won for coming first.

I am sure the members were very happy for you :mad:

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site

:eek: