Yorkshire & NE vs Northwest - The War of the Roses

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
TonyN - instead of having a pop, would you care to take over organising this?

Keef, I wasn't having a 'pop' if you re-read my post you will see it was complimentry if anything. I was only expressing an opinion and merely making a suggestion to try and keep everyone interested and invloved.

I have been to and organised enough meets on here to know that you will always get people dropping out last minute, or confirming days before, See MWJ's post about his hand!

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Clitheroe looks a nice course, looking at their green fees page though they only give prices for visiting parties on Mon - Fri so would appear we couldnt play there on a Sunday :(

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
<u>Yorkshire & NE Team</u>
KeefG (confirmed)
Forefortheday (confirmed)
vig (confirmed)
Robo (confirmed)
Tincup(confirmed)
The23rdman
Smigger79 (confirmed)
grumpyjock (confirmed)
toonarmy (confirmed)

<u>Northwest Team</u>
evita4 (confirmed)
HartleyHare (confirmed)
RGuk
Stuart_C (confirmed)
AlchemyGolf
gjbike (confirmed)
TonyN
thegogg
qwerty (confirmed)

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Re: Yorkshire &amp; NE vs Northwest - The War of the Roses

KeefG (confirmed)
vig (confirmed)
Robo (confirmed)
Tincup(confirmed)

The23rdman
Smigger79 (confirmed)
grumpyjock (confirmed)
toonarmy (confirmed)
tonecapone (confirmed)
timberbonce (confirmed)

<u>Northwest Team</u>
evita4 (confirmed)
HartleyHare (confirmed)

RGuk
Stuart_C (confirmed)
AlchemyGolf
gjbike (confirmed)
TonyN
thegogg (confirmed)
qwerty (confirmed)

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Keef move me to the NW team as I play and live t'other side of the pennines these days.(That's if its acceptable to you gents)

Just to even up the numbers I wont start talking funny or owt :D

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site

Firm up the numbers, provisionally book 4/5 tee times when decided where. Sort out who plays for who 2-3 weeks before the event. :cool:

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sunday 21st is fine with me. Have you got any ideas on locations yet?
Craig

I have no ideas at all to be honest, i havent lived in Leeds all that long really.

We need somewhere that is a nice course, that isnt too expensive and is somewhere inbetween the NE & NW. Any ideas anyone?

KeefG. I don't want to p!$$ on your bonfire and if you've got somewhere lined up please ignore this.
We were talking about this in the clubhouse when we finished our games today and didn't think any venue had been decided on yet. Anyhow, i asked the pro at my course and he said that it wouldn't be a problem for a block tee booking on Sundays, also said that they could do a special to include a carvery. He also said that we can use medal tees and would set out nearest the pins etc... Would need to book pretty soon though as the dates are going fast.
Course is easy to get to (2 minutes from M62) and the lads today thought it was pretty accessible.
If you're interested, pm me. you can come for a test drive one weekend if you like.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mid Yorkshire (it's pinned on the map). access from m62 & A1M. Played today with Gjbike, tincup, smigger, Tonecapone, Bobmac & his good lady Jan

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Vig just checked with my club, Bolton Old links and it's members and guests on sunday, so I think it's your place Mid-yorkshire or a change of date to midweek ??????

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
KeefG (confirmed)
vig (confirmed)
Robo (confirmed)
Tincup(confirmed)
The23rdman
Smigger79 (confirmed)
grumpyjock (confirmed)
toonarmy (confirmed)

<u>Northwest Team</u>
evita4 (confirmed)
HartleyHare (confirmed)
RGuk
Stuart_C (confirmed)
AlchemyGolf
gjbike (confirmed)
TonyN
thegogg
qwerty (confirmed)
I have exchanged Pm's with Keef and he is ok if I "take the bull by the horns" so to speak.

Has anyone got any objections to my course (see pin on the map) It is fairly central and is ideally situated near the motorway networks.
I don't think that anyone will be travelling much further than TonyN. I'm sure that Tony can state how long a journey it is.

Based on the names above and taking into account any late entrants, I will book as if there are going to be between 24 & 28 attendees. This wouldn't exclude anyone wanting to take part, but would allow us to cancel a few at short notice if any dropped out.
If there are no objections by Monday, I will speak with the club secretary and sort things.
Would all be wanting food laid on, as I am lead to believe that they do a good carvery on a Sunday and it would be something like £27 all in.
I will confirm all when I have spoken to the secretary.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is there a date yet? I'm keen to play (obviously) but I'm a bit behind with the thread. Can you write the postcode (on here or a PM) so I can see the journey please.