Yoga / Pilates to improve flexibility

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was referred to a Pilates class by a back Surgeon, he thought surgery was not the best option and that Pilates would be beneficial in my case. The classes worked on strengthening the pelvic floor muscle groups that support the spine but become weak in most of us as we age. It did improve things a lot and also improved flexibility.

That's exactly what and why my Chiro suggested this, I'd be interested to see a link toward the typical stretches etc that you did as part of your routine

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pilates for back pain is great, really made a huge difference to me. Probably because the cause of back pain was increased age, weight, loss of general fitness/stomach muscles.
Also puts you more in touch with the feminine side .... Well, really puts you in touch with more females ;)

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I started Yoga about 10 years ago, then the class stopped about 2 years and I did nothing. Had an issue with my lower back so saw a chiropractor which made a big difference, however now before I play I warm up for at least 30 minutes by doing some Yoga exercises. This has made a massive difference and I was able to play 3 days last week on the trot. Before stupidly I never warmed up, but these Yoga exercises have helped, they loosen me up and add core strength.
Whilst the chiropractor helped the real mainstream benefit has been the Yoga and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
pilates for back pain is great, really made a huge difference to me. Probably because the cause of back pain was increased age, weight, loss of general fitness/stomach muscles.
Also puts you more in touch with the feminine side .... Well, really puts you in touch with more females ;)

gm, please please add a like button function

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
As recommended by my Pro, due to longstanding shoulder and neck issues, bowen technique and emmett therapy have helped me no end.