Yardage book - Brocket Hall (Melbourne course)

forexrayv1

Visit site
Hello,

Does anyone have yardage book for brocket hall (melbourne course)? (or) anyone played the course and noted down the notes and experience especially where to hit and green undulations etc. that they could share?
Please let me know. I will pay for it if required. Thanks.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
my course planners are in a box somewhere until we move again so cant help immediately, how quick do you need one as may be able to get one? you playing a comp there?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I played it quite often/regularly as a mate was am member until ownership collapse. From memory, the yardage book simply shows the obvious slopes - nowhere near the detail shown in pic above/post 4! Still worth having book for runouts/advice on the likes of 1 and 3 that have pretty extreme side-slopes.
So green slopes are generally pretty obvious. Some mates played Palmerston recently and reported that greens weren't as 'phenomenal' as before 'rebirth', but still pretty good - which is fairly high praise as we are used to those of The Shire which are generally top notch.
Hope you enjoy it, especially the trip back across the Lea to 18th!

forexrayv1

Visit site
my course planners are in a box somewhere until we move again so cant help immediately, how quick do you need one as may be able to get one? you playing a comp there?
Thanks for the response. Comp in two weeks time. Playing practise round this weekend.

forexrayv1

Visit site
I played it quite often/regularly as a mate was am member until ownership collapse. From memory, the yardage book simply shows the obvious slopes - nowhere near the detail shown in pic above/post 4! Still worth having book for runouts/advice on the likes of 1 and 3 that have pretty extreme side-slopes.
So green slopes are generally pretty obvious. Some mates played Palmerston recently and reported that greens weren't as 'phenomenal' as before 'rebirth', but still pretty good - which is fairly high praise as we are used to those of The Shire which are generally top notch.
Hope you enjoy it, especially the trip back across the Lea to 18th!
Do you still have the book? can you post some pics to illustrate 1st and 3rd? The last time I checked; they are out of stock in the pro shot :(

forexrayv1

Visit site
Just checked my yardage books box, I have the Palmerston but not the Melbourne, however I did find Blackmoor so all sorted for H4h in October :cool:

Good luck with your game there.
I saw youtube video of europro tour at palmerston. It looks easier than melbourne? or is it other way around? I couldn't find any videos of melbourne course in youtube or any match or anything? So people prefer to play palmerston over melbourne at brocket hall?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I saw youtube video of europro tour at palmerston. It looks easier than melbourne? or is it other way around? I couldn't find any videos of melbourne course in youtube or any match or anything? So people prefer to play palmerston over melbourne at brocket hall?

It really comes down to opinion, theyre quite different courses in style. Palmerston is newer, a bit longer, hillier, with tougher greens whilst Melbourne is a little shorter, lots more water and carries over water. Generally Palmerston is rated higher, personally prefer Melbourne but expect am in the small minority with that view. Both are decent courses and in good condition, practise facilities are also great if you like to use them before playing

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It really comes down to opinion, theyre quite different courses in style. Palmerston is newer, a bit longer, hillier, with tougher greens whilst Melbourne is a little shorter, lots more water and carries over water. Generally Palmerston is rated higher, personally prefer Melbourne but expect am in the small minority with that view. Both are decent courses and in good condition, practise facilities are also great if you like to use them before playing
I prefer(ed) Melbourne overall too - seems more 'interesting', but I can understand why Palmerston is rated higher. Practice facilities are indeed top notch!

forexrayv1

Visit site
I'm a member there... send me your email address and I'll sort it out
Hello, I sent you my email address via PM. Did you receive it? any chance of the yardage book for melbourne course? Thanks.
Also if you have some examples of pin positions that will be great as well. Thanks.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How is Melbourne in the wet? Society day in 2 weeks, wondering if its worth the trip

gets a bit wet after prolonged rain but will be more playable than most in the area, they switch a couple of the holes across water in winter (4 and 16), can find out condition for you from my dad if needed Ian