Xtreme Golf Cup - Mad as a box of frogs

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Was watching this the other day, the Japanese have taken their mad outlook on game shows like Endurance and Takeshi's Castle etc. and applied it to the Xtreme golf challenge. 18 of the craziest holes spread across 1245 KM through the whole of Japan. With holes like "Dissolving Fairway", "Mad Hazard", "Rocky Unfairway", "Never Ending Rough" and "Hells Bunker" at 2222 Yards!! The individual holes were challenge enough. on top of that they had time limits to play each hole, penalty shots just for being the slowest on the hole..... it really is a bonkers challenge. got two clips, the first one focused on three players taking the challenge and a little more in depth, the second one more of a commercial for the event (and the car - it's a Nissan sponsored event) but with different players and showing some different holes.

[video=youtube;NLZOA9ZuoQM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLZOA9ZuoQM[/video]

For anyone interested, the layout for each of the 18 holes can be found here, along with other info about the challenge.

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SP/X-TRAIL/XTREMEGOLF/COURSE/

Everyone who finished the race got about £700, the overall winner also won a new Xtrail car. I was quite surprised by the winning score.....

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Thought this might of drawn one or two comments at least.....

I genuinely thought it was quite an interesting challenge, although not sure I'd want to compete myself. Quite liked the idea of the GPS device in the ball with the phone app helping find it, surely there's a market for those....? Been in some bunkers in Scotland that felt like Hell's Bunker at times..... and the man Tazawa winning it with 103 was fairly impressive methinks, if you think of Hells Bunker at 2222 yards and par 12 - most of our 500 yard plus holes are par 5, so you'd be looking at 18 - 20 in reality, let alone playing the whole hole out of sand on every shot. I'm guessing he won most of the holes and the other guys had 30 odd shots added for finishing last on a number of them. Ah! There's a way to influence slow play... last man in each and every hole gets 5 shots added to his score.... didn't say it had to be fair :rofl:

this wasn't intended as an add for Nissan, in case you're wondering, I'm nowt to do with them.