Xmas golf in surrey

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
After a few suggestions from those in the area.

Been asked to arrange our usual Xmas knock this year. We play on the 27th and this year we are playing in Surrey.

Any suggestions for courses that will be in alright condition as this time of year. Will only be 8-12 of us. Budget is only £50, which I realise and have pointed out to them all, may be a little tight To expect anywhere too fabulous!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Well, you know one Dave, but it's probably out of budget and would only take member's guests on Fridays.

West Byfleet is a very nice course if within budget.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I think we do a winter 4 ball rate that would sneak into your budget.

Only thing is we're doing a lot of course improvement works each winter, so there will probably be one hole closed (replaced with a very short par 3) and a couple of others will have signs of being worked on (new tee boxes being built, bunkers half finished etc)

We're also going to no visitors on Fridays but don't think that kicks in until 2020

I still think youd be pushed to find much better in Surrey for £50, full tees and greens etc.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I think we do a winter 4 ball rate that would sneak into your budget.

Only thing is we're doing a lot of course improvement works each winter, so there will probably be one hole closed (replaced with a very short par 3) and a couple of others will have signs of being worked on (new tee boxes being built, bunkers half finished etc)

We're also going to no visitors on Fridays but don't think that kicks in until 2020

I still think youd be pushed to find much better in Surrey for £50, full tees and greens etc.
I think one shortened hole wouldn’t be an issue tbh. I’ll message the club tomorrow to see if they can give me an idea of how many holes may be out of play due to works.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
...and close by Farnham also drains well (though there is major fairway bunker work on four holes that doesn't cause an issues - other than there may a hole out of play and an additional short par 3)

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I think one shortened hole wouldn’t be an issue tbh. I’ll message the club tomorrow to see if they can give me an idea of how many holes may be out of play due to works.

They only ever shut one hole at a time and then play '15b' which is a short par 3

Diary is clear

Where tee box work is being done it is building a new one behind the existing so won't impact length. Might just be the odd bunker out of play on another hole.

I really like Farnham too, probably a shade above ours if you split hairs.

Guildford and Puttenham probably a level below but still decent tracks. Guildford very hilly and on public common land - you'll get a lot of walkers on a nice day around Xmas and Puttenham a bit too tight and quirky in places for me.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
They only ever shut one hole at a time and then play '15b' which is a short par 3

Diary is clear

Where tee box work is being done it is building a new one behind the existing so won't impact length. Might just be the odd bunker out of play on another hole.

I really like Farnham too, probably a shade above ours if you split hairs.

Guildford and Puttenham probably a level below but still decent tracks. Guildford very hilly and on public common land - you'll get a lot of walkers on a nice day around Xmas and Puttenham a bit too tight and quirky in places for me.
Thanks for the info.

Have send a few emails and mesaaged a few of the local lads with the names of a few of these mentioned courses. In case they've played em recently.

??