WW3 -All Russia / Ukraine stuff here please-

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its a five day RBL trip which three of us have planned from 17th - 21st staying in Novotel Ypres. Wreath laying ceremony on the Tuesday. There’s quite a few day trips planned to Vimy ridge, Talbot house, Essex farm cemetery, Thiepval, Tyne Cot etc etc.

Last week was spent in Normandy with three ex “Woofers”. Very Moving Week. And very memorable.
Novotel normal has a few vets in around this time of year. Although Normandy is pretty moving the visits that you are off on will knock you for six.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Novotel normal has a few vets in around this time of year. Although Normandy is pretty moving the visits that you are off on will knock you for six.
Few stories to tell re Normandy but don’t want to knock the WW3 thread off topic. ?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Reports of a couple of missiles landing in Poland, likely to be an escalation in tensions.

Possibly just want the orcs need right now.

Straight from ‘Maskirova’ doctrine.

A few missiles into Ukraines closets ally.

Kremlin shouts… ooohh we are being portrayed as the baddies. It weren’t us honest. It’s the Ukrainians stirring it up.

Designed to agitate the Poles which will up the international rhetoric.

Russia gets to claim that Russia is now at grave risk. This legitimises further war investment etc internally and paves The way for increased activity.

Only issue being the red army have just had their arses handed to them so there’s no option left but to use tactical nukes in territory.

That’s my fag packet calculations anyway ??

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Possibly just want the orcs need right now.

Straight from ‘Maskirova’ doctrine.

A few missiles into Ukraines closets ally.

Kremlin shouts… ooohh we are being portrayed as the baddies. It weren’t us honest. It’s the Ukrainians stirring it up.

Designed to agitate the Poles which will up the international rhetoric.

Russia gets to claim that Russia is now at grave risk. This legitimises further war investment etc internally and paves The way for increased activity.

Only issue being the red army have just had their arses handed to them so there’s no option left but to use tactical nukes in territory.

That’s my fag packet calculations anyway ??

Im not sure your fag arrse prediction of tactical nukes will pass water IMHO. The global implications would be to great.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
where’s that Tash?

Do you have a link please? Ta

Czech parliament passes Russian 'terrorist' motion
bb32c2a7-12fb-454c-adb1-37ed905fdab7.jpg

Rob Cameron
Reporting from Prague
The Czech parliament has passed a motion describing the current Russian administration as "terrorist".
The motion singled out widespread attacks on Ukrainian civilian targets and key energy infrastructure.
During the vote, 129 of 156 MPs present in the 200-seat chamber approved the motion, which means several dozen opposition MPs are likely to have voted with the government.
The motion was opposed by all 14 MPs in the far-right SPD party.
The Czech centre-right government is one of Ukraine's most stalwart supporters, and was among the first to send heavy weapons - including tanks - to the Ukrainian armed forces.

Was on BBC earlier

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Im not sure your fag arrse prediction of tactical nukes will pass water IMHO. The global implications would be to great.

Was more a thought that the red army has nothing left to give.

They might up the age limits on conscription and they pinch the remaining dregs from the gulags (after Wangner have had their fill).

But it would appear from a number of sources that they have nothing left on the ‘conventional’ tank so to speak.

That leaves 3 options. Diplomatic efforts, tactical nukes and strategic nukes.

Now I am not suggesting for a second that we are at imminent danger of actual nukes being chucked around.

However, the diplomatic efforts will be aided if the west believes that Putin is willing to press some buttons.

For me the timing of this is interesting. Specifically in relation to the retreat from Kherson and the G20.

I don’t thing we will necessarily see an actual physical escalation. However the ramping of posturing, rhetoric and game playing from politburo will defo up its game next few weeks.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Czech parliament passes Russian 'terrorist' motion
bb32c2a7-12fb-454c-adb1-37ed905fdab7.jpg

Rob Cameron
Reporting from Prague
The Czech parliament has passed a motion describing the current Russian administration as "terrorist".
The motion singled out widespread attacks on Ukrainian civilian targets and key energy infrastructure.
During the vote, 129 of 156 MPs present in the 200-seat chamber approved the motion, which means several dozen opposition MPs are likely to have voted with the government.
The motion was opposed by all 14 MPs in the far-right SPD party.
The Czech centre-right government is one of Ukraine's most stalwart supporters, and was among the first to send heavy weapons - including tanks - to the Ukrainian armed forces.

Was on BBC earlier
Cheers.

Unsure of what actual changes to foreign policy that will unlock though.

Seems more a gesture of support for Ukraine akin to UN members turning their backs on Vasily Nebenzya when this first kicked off.

Empty gestures.

Which tbh. I’d prefer over actual action.

It’s in our best interests to let this thing fizzle out naturally as opposed to getting drawn in.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Saying this morning that it was an anti missile defence missile.
But I assume for the anti missile defence system to deploy there must have been a Russian missile present.
Or has it malfunctioned.?