Wrotham Heath golf club Kent

Wolf

Visit site
Quite a short course by modern standards about 6000yards from the back tees if I remember rightly. But always enjoyed playing there, you get used to crossing the riad, but just be aware to look both ways twice as 7 mile lane tends to attract drivers that like to push it round the bends.

Haven't played there in a while but when the sun's out its an enjoyable walk and a fun challenge. Definitely would be my preference of courses in that little part Kent.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive always enjoyed playing there, front 9 better then the back, with the 3 holes over the road.
Slightly dissapointing last hole.

My friends the head pro there.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I played there a fair few years back and it was a decent course. The holes though were quite tight together and wayward shots were possibly dangerous to people on adjoining greens. The clubhouse and pro shop were quite small but did the job ok. There are plenty of courses in that area I'd certainly have a look round if you haven't already

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
I played there a fair few years back and it was a decent course. The holes though were quite tight together and wayward shots were possibly dangerous to people on adjoining greens. The clubhouse and pro shop were quite small but did the job ok. There are plenty of courses in that area I'd certainly have a look round if you haven't already
Where else would you recommend?

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
West Malling - 2 decent tracks can get a bit boggy in the winter though

Kings Hill - good layout and pretty much always on main greens

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Where else would you recommend?

Redlibbits is decent. Kings Hill stays dry and affair track. London Club if you're minted. Rochester and Cobham but further away, West Malling -ok Del Boy has posted while I'm typing

Wolf

Visit site
West Malling - 2 decent tracks can get a bit boggy in the winter though

Kings Hill - good layout and pretty much always on main greens
Always found both course at West Malling to be a bit average with some holes just thrown in to fill gaps on both. The Hurricane has a cracking first 4 holes but then gets really bland especially on the other side of the road where you just keep double backing in yourself. Not played the layout since they made changes on back 9 though.

Agreed about Kingshill as a course and practice facilities, clubhouse is pretty but very sterile clubhouse.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Redlibbits is decent. Kings Hill stays dry and affair track. London Club if you're minted. Rochester and Cobham but further away, West Malling -ok Del Boy has posted while I'm typing

Redlibbets moving more towards a pay and play, most of the origianl members have left (Rochester and Cobham I believe)

Wolf

Visit site
When did you last play Red Libbits, used to be lovely but they've been struggling for a while and it's got quite scruffy not in half as good knick as Wrotham when i played it last year, they were offering some serious membership deals as they were losing numbers fast.

Rochester & Cobham is a lovely course but can be very hard to get a friendly game, there are lots of cliques there sadly.

London ckub, do you fancy subbing me a few years membership ? I'd gladly move back to kent to me a member there my bank balance won't allow it though

Wolf

Visit site
Live in Kings Hill, but play at Hever. So happy to drive.
Then I'd say Kingshill is your best bet depending where you live on the development you could literally walk there or drive it in less than 5mins. Cracking course, great practice facilities etc.

Wolf

Visit site
Bearsted is worth a look too
Not in the winter its not. Even a mild drizzle and the course gets unbelievably boggy especially at the low points where all the water runs. Plus you'd have to put up with knob head members like my brother?

To be fair most of their members are nice except my brother, they also have a good social calendar and do a cracking carvery. When its dry the course is nice and a good challenge but it does suffer badly from about October onwards.

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
King hill: has a waiting list, is also about £1700 a year and not the most interesting of courses. However it is playable all year round.