Wrist hinge -- Angle 1/2 way up.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
But more importantly, here is the same position on the downswing

There's no point in having a great backswing if you throw it all away by releasing the angle too soon on the downswing. Here you can see Rory has actually increased the angle he had on the backswing

G

guest100718

But more importantly, here is the same position on the downswing

There's no point in having a great backswing if you throw it all away by releasing the angle too soon on the downswing. Here you can see Rory has actually increased the angle he had on the backswing

On my own swing at halfway back, where rory is set at about 90 degrees, I am closer to 150 id say. There is certainly a closing of the angle later on though.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a swingyde- got this http://www.amazon.co.uk/JL-Golf-practice-Training-Trainer/dp/B00LQKOEC8/ref=pd_cp_sg_3

Ideal for practice swinging in the house

Sorry to hijack the thread but my pro has been getting me to use this regularly to try and coach out my fat shots BUT he also gave me a quick driver lesson and advised me to take the wrist hinge out(due to me having an awful slice) It helped greatly though recently I've not been hitting it well) Does anyone know why this helped? I'm guessing I lose a lot of power without wrist hinge? Was going about 210-230 which I was happy enough with.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread but my pro has been getting me to use this regularly to try and coach out my fat shots BUT he also gave me a quick driver lesson and advised me to take the wrist hinge out(due to me having an awful slice) It helped greatly though recently I've not been hitting it well) Does anyone know why this helped? I'm guessing I lose a lot of power without wrist hinge? Was going about 210-230 which I was happy enough with.

if you were setting real early on then the swing could have got a ways steep & narrow so you coming down steep & across the line out to in, swing direction through impact a ways left so slice.

could be if you have some 'roll' or 'bend over' in your wrists instead of the left hand setting upwards, that could well be opening the face some on the ways back, could be that it also took the path back a little flat so encouraging an out to in start to the downswing again leading to a slice.