Would you pierce your child’s ears?

Wolf

Visit site
From what I can recall, it’s how the genotropine will counter the other treatments she’ll need for any chance of fertility. So as soon as she hits puberty they need to go all out on that, as the likelihood is that she’ll only have a year or so of viable eggs to freeze.
Makes sense now. Good luck to your lass mate she sounds like a good girl

Wolf

Visit site
Totally agree and I'm firmly against it until 16 and I think those doing the piercings have some sort of duty to refuse to do it (and ask for proof of ID/age).
That's the whole problem there is no restrictions as long as the child is 6mths old and 1 parent consents then they're allowed to do it. We live in an age where parents are told not to smack children as its harming them yet we let those same parents stick holes in their children's ears. It needs a complete revamp in its legislation, yet if that happens there will be people saying its unfair they can't pierce their child's ears as they simply think their choice is more important than the child.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It is disgusting that parents do this to small children. I was almost sick in a jewellers watching this and walked out leaving a potential purchase in the shop.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
My daughter had hers done when she started school at five, I think?.
Considering that she's almost 43, it amazes me that I remember.
The simple gold studs were loaded in some kind of gun, two of them, and two people did it at once, one on each ear.
That way, the kid wasn't going to refuse to have the second ear done after doing the first hurt more than expected.

The important thing is that it was my daughter who insisted on doing it. Nobody pressured her into it.
She had to keep the original studs in for at least a week, I think, dabbing with peroxide solution, so the holes would heal cleanly before she bought other ear rings. It may have been longer.
Her Godmother bought her diamond studs the following Christmas, I remember. She has much bigger ones now.

Another thing I just remembered; elementary school would allow only studs, nothing dangling, in the early grades. Safety issue.

Last edited:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
My girls are 7 and 12 and have their ears pierced, however it was 100% their decision. 12 yr old now has 2 sets which she has small studs in and looks fine. Both had them done aged 7.

However the first post is so wrong, i agree its child abuse! The kid didn't want them doing, should not have been forced. However i will question, were you there for part 1 when she had the first one done? my eldest had the first and didn't expect it to hurt so much, so was pretty sheepish about having the other ear done, i bet its not uncommon for kids to kick off after having the first one!

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
However i will question, were you there for part 1 when she had the first one done? my eldest had the first and didn't expect it to hurt so much, so was pretty sheepish about having the other ear done, i bet its not uncommon for kids to kick off after having the first one!

They do them both at once with little kids...for that very reason.
At least my daughter's were done both at once.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I have 3 daughters, 25,24 and21
Eldest had her ears done at 14
Middle had hers done at 13, but didn’t get on with it and let them heal up.

Youngest one has never shown any interest

Eldest was making noises about it from about 11, but we held off until we thought she was making a rational adult decision and not just bowing to peer pressure.

I’m not in favour of very young children having theirs done and babies and toddlers is a huge no no,

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Unreal timing - a friend of mine in the States has just proudly posted a picture of her six month old grand-daughter with pierced ears. "She only cried for about 10 minutes" ….. if I reply to that thread I will lose it completely. :mad:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
My girls are 7 and 12 and have their ears pierced, however it was 100% their decision. 12 yr old now has 2 sets which she has small studs in and looks fine. Both had them done aged 7.

However the first post is so wrong, i agree its child abuse! The kid didn't want them doing, should not have been forced. However i will question, were you there for part 1 when she had the first one done? my eldest had the first and didn't expect it to hurt so much, so was pretty sheepish about having the other ear done, i bet its not uncommon for kids to kick off after having the first one!
No I wasn’t there for round one, because that was done in the shop next door. She was brought into the hairdressers to calm down but she was clearly traumatised by it.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
No I wasn’t there for round one, because that was done in the shop next door. She was brought into the hairdressers to calm down but she was clearly traumatised by it.

So technically (i'm purposely playing devils advocate), the kid could have been bang up for it, realised it hurt and didn't want the second... That then makes it a more interesting debate in my opinion...

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
So technically (i'm purposely playing devils advocate), the kid could have been bang up for it, realised it hurt and didn't want the second... That then makes it a more interesting debate in my opinion...
Not for me because a child that age shouldn’t be mutilated anyway. Her consent isn’t even a thing at that age - she was about six or seven at most.