Worst golf swing?

The_Golfer

Club Champion
Visit site
I was recently watching Dean Reimuth's showcase of "Worst Golf Swings" and let me tell you some of them were surreal, not to mention the candidates had played some 10+ years! Anyway it got me thinking about some of the members of my home club, some of the guys there are 14 handicappers and swing like they are having some kind of seizure! Yet despite heads bobbing, arms flipping and general motions that you would associate more with drowning than swinging a golf club, they can hit the ball fairly decently and consistent. The best one though goes to one chap, he's about 60 and a real genuine bloke but when he takes the club back he drags it along the floor for about 8 inches, then he whips it up to shoulder height and then whips it back again, only to send the ball flying perfectly straight every time.. and he only uses a wedge, putter and 5 iron! At times I think these guys don't know how lucky they are, to have a swing that you'd think couldn't possibly get the ball airborne, yet somehow they can play a decent game.

How about your own home clubs, do you have any candidates for worst golf swing?

golfdonkey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My work colleagues and I were talking about funny swings earlier and we decided most people's are an embodiment of their personalities. One of my mates is away with the fairies most of the time and his swing is pretty "otherworldy" too. I'm known for being quite methodical/obsessive and you could argue my swing - especially my pre-shot routine - is a reflection of that. Same as people and their pets I suppose.