World Cup 2018

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

I see the Tartan Army have chosen Iceland as their officially adopted WC team to follow.
Good choice.
The amount of tournaments they’ve missed they’ll be running out of a different team to follow.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do they still have a team
I don't know why we don't just have a Great Britain team by now. Wales and Scotland are completely inconsequential in international football, I think how much better we'd do if the England team had Bale, and... well, Bale. Actually Robertson would get a game at LB.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't know why we don't just have a Great Britain team by now.

Wash your mouth out. Three reasons why not. None of the countries associations want it. None of the fans want it. Few people would go to watch them play.

Imagine a team with 9 Englishmen, 1 Welshman and a Scot playing at Celtic Park playing against Spain? How is that going to go down? The home fans would be supporting Spain.

D

Deleted member 16999

Wash your mouth out. Three reasons why not. None of the countries associations want it. None of the fans want it. Few people would go to watch them play.

Imagine a team with 9 Englishmen, 1 Welshman and a Scot playing at Celtic Park playing against Spain? How is that going to go down? The home fans would be supporting Spain.
The Tartan Army would need a referendum on that one, and if not happy with the outcome, another one ;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Tartan Army would need a referendum on that one, and if not happy with the outcome, another one ;)

I suspect Nicola would demand equal number of Scots in the team to English, stuff the Welsh she doesn't have a chip about them. It would be the most awful team that nobody loved.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

But it would have a better chance of winning a WC......something that none of the four regional teams has done in most of the populations living memory.

The rugby fans have no problem in getting behind the Lions team, might be worth giving it a try.

A British football league should also be proposed whilst we are at it.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
But it would have a better chance of winning a WC......something that none of the four regional teams has done in most of the populations living memory.

The rugby fans have no problem in getting behind the Lions team, might be worth giving it a try.

So you are advocating filling the England footy team with reject Saffers and Kiwis?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

The Lions are a once every 4 years team. It works because of that but there is no demand for it to replace the individual nations.

Why would Scotland and Wales want one team? Genuinely, pick a GB team and find anyone other than Bale and Robertson who would get in it who is not English. Not because England are great but the others are just worse. What interest in Scotland and Wales when they have barely anyone in the team they want to stand up for.

British league. The English and Welsh effectively have a joint league so it is purely for the Scots to join. Ironic when independence and separation seem to be the order of the day. The only Scottish team making that is Celtic but why would anyone in the PL want Celtic in? An English / Welsh team would have to lose out to let them in but they are not needed sufficiently to make the PL include them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I'm a fan and I want it! Really I just want Bale though to be honest...

I set up a fantasy league by the way. Thread here: http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?97625-World-Cup-Fantasy-League

D

Deleted member 16999

Nurse! Doon’s off his meds again :rofl: :rofl:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I thought one of last night pundits was a bit rude when he said that most of the England players should be quite fresh for Russia as they generally did not get much game time for their clubs.

D

Deleted member 15344

I thought one of last night pundits was a bit rude when he said that most of the England players should be quite fresh for Russia as they generally did not get much game time for their clubs.

Seriously Doon ? Do you ever post without looking to wind up ?

Most of the guys played week in week out for their team and most at a top 6 club bar the odd player.

Just give the nonsense a rest

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seriously Doon ? Do you ever post without looking to wind up ?

Most of the guys played week in week out for their team and most at a top 6 club bar the odd player.

Just give the nonsense a rest

Just to show none biased against the wind up merchant one of the pundits did say it but I'm not sure who he was going about as most have put in a fair shift this year.