backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wordle 222 4/6*

⬜?⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜?⬜?
⬜?⬜??
?????

Grey - wrong letter, yellow - right letter wrong square, green - right letter right square.
Yes, - I know that's what I see in Wordle itself. But all I'm seeing in everyone's posts, is some greyish-white squares and some smaller 'crossed' squares. Not seeing any colours or anything. Is everyone else seeing the colours in the posted solutions?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes, - I know that's what I see in Wordle itself. But all I'm seeing in everyone's posts, is some greyish-white squares and some smaller 'crossed' squares. Not seeing any colours or anything. Is everyone else seeing the colours in the posted solutions?
Something wrong in your browser I think, it should be displaying like this:

worldes.PNG

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Today was suprisingly hard even though i hit the jackpot early

Wordle 222 4/6

⬜??⬜⬜
⬜??⬜?
⬜????
?????

BTW, what is the most common opening gambit. For me, i am looking for my vowels. So I always start with 'VIDEO'. if it does not hit I, E, O, then I go for 'AUDIO' with A & U.. once you know the vowels, then it is about working the rest of the alphabets

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
BTW, what is the most common opening gambit. For me, i am looking for my vowels. So I always start with 'VIDEO'. if it does not hit I, E, O, then I go for 'AUDIO' with A & U.. once you know the vowels, then it is about working the rest of the alphabets
Video seems like a waste of a letter since there's usually not a V. Then your second guess is waste of three letters because D and O are in it again, and even in the same place, plus I again.

Personally I always go for the most common letters. A, E & I are the most common vowels I believe, and R, S & T the most common consonants. My first guess is always something like RAISE, or IRATE that uses these common letters, and also has 3 vowels as you said. Even if you get no hits, this considerably narrows your options down for the answer because it's a word without the most common letters in it so there are less possibilities.

Edit: If you really want to hit vowels though, URAEI is a valid word that works on the game. No idea what it means but it gets you 4 vowels and a very common consonant.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Video seems like a waste of a letter since there's usually not a V. Then your second guess is waste of three letters because D and O are in it again, and even in the same place, plus I again.

Personally I always go for the most common letters. A, E & I are the most common vowels I believe, and R, S & T the most common consonants. My first guess is always something like RAISE, or IRATE that uses these common letters, and also has 3 vowels as you said. Even if you get no hits, this considerably narrows your options down for the answer because it's a word without the most common letters in it so there are less possibilities.

Edit: If you really want to hit vowels though, URAEI is a valid word that works on the game. No idea what it means but it gets you 4 vowels and a very common consonant.

I like RAISE and IRATE.. i am still sharpening my pattern.

re Uraei.. that is the snake crown worn by Cleopatra and other mummies

1643277841882.png

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Today was suprisingly hard even though i hit the jackpot early

Wordle 222 4/6

⬜??⬜⬜
⬜??⬜?
⬜????
?????

ROUTE and SLAIN will exclusively use the 10 most common letters in the dictionary

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Random word for me every day, i think of it while I am brushing my teeth. (might use teeth tomorrow! Even though its only 3 letters! I like a challenge)