Wordle

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Get in!

Wordle 269 2/6

???⬜?
?????

I use STARE every day. There are better ones but I remember it so use it!!
I use ALERT. Most times it gives me a decent start. If I fail on the vowels front with that I’ll usually use SOUND as my #2 go. Unfortunately I am now in lottery number land as I feel I don’t want to change my #1 just in case…even although it matters not one jot or tittle how many goes it takes me.

phillarrow

Visit site
I use TRIES and then, if that gives no letters, MOUND. I'm sure there are far better words than these but they are easy to remember and I tend to do it first thing in the morning and my brain doesn't wake up until tea time!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
You guys don't give much away ??

I start with RAISE and/or TOUGH, which give all the vowels and some of the main consonants

I use ROUTE and SLAIN as the normal two starters, although depending on what the first of them reveals I might then change tack, but those two again give all the vowels and some of the main consonants. Shamelessly stolen from another Wordler on here, thank you whoever it was that I can't remember :oops::rolleyes:

Nobody using golfing terms?

BOGEY
SHANK
WEDGE
EAGLE

Certainly wouldn't use WEDGE or EAGLE as a starter because of the repeated vowel.