Woods v Mickelson

nabbit

Medal Winner
Visit site
Can anyone please tell what the problem is between Tigers caddy and Mr.Mickelson? I've been reading that there's an awful lot of animosity from Woods' caddy but have no idea what it's all about! :D

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Williams said a while ago that Mickelson is a prick. For what reason I do no know.

Andy

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not knowing any of them I couldn't comment but I'd most welcome a leaf from any of their cheque books lol.

Andy

B

birdieman

I think Tiger and Phil are perfectly civil and courteous to eachother but they just don't click on a personal level, they're not friends but I don't believe they're enemies either. Same deal for Paddy and Sergio.

As for Williams, he comes across as a bit of a caveman, probably got beered up at some function in NZ and said a couple of stupid things to try and get a laugh which were exploited by the media. He should have been professional enough to not get sucked into that type of situation.

He is an excellent caddie though, knows his boss's swing almost as well as Tiger does, speaks his mind when its needed on the course and has saved Tiger countless shots down the years.

Phil is one of the few players that can go toe to toe with Tiger, wish there were a few more like him.

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Phil is one of the few players that can go toe to toe with Tiger, wish there were a few more like him.

I agreed with all of your post right up until that bit...

As much as i like Phil, there is no way he can go toe to toe with Tiger, its been proven over the years that no golfer can, lets just hope one of the new kids on the block can!

ball_basher

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i agree with that keef , although mickelson i would say has a better short game than tiger but tiger has the all important mental strength and is the best putter in the buisiness at the moment , its gonna be interesing to watch the rory mcilroy , danny lee and anthony kim develop over the next 2 or 3 years . if they can get a major under their belts in that time they could well challenge the tiger and that would be fascinating to watch if 3 or 4 guys can be playing to the standard that tiger has set , tiger has not even come back properly yet and might never hit those dizzy heights again , lets pray that he does

mark

B

birdieman

All I would say is that when Phil played the US Open in 2006 he was one shot off winning 3 majors in a row. When he is on form Phil can compete with anyone.

Tiger is better but some can compete when on top of their game - VJ, Duval etc.

B

birdieman

VJ is deceptive, huge man so what looks languid and slow is really generating a lot of power.
Outwardly he is very laid back but inside I think he's very driven to both win and make money.
He blows hot and cold with the putter, when he's putting well lookout.
Age is maybe catching him up now though?

Galleries have never really warmed to him, when he won the Masters a few years ago I felt disappointed he won and a few years ago when he won 9 tour events in a season nobody seemed to care much. :(

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
I'd agree with the age thing, maybe 4-5 years ago he couldve taken over at number 1 and stayed there but he went through a sticky patch after his 2004 PGA win, wasnt that sticky patch his putting completely fell to pieces?

If he'd carried on his 2003/2004 form on i think he couldve seriously challenged Tiger's dominance.