Women pay the same, but aren't allowed Saturday Morning Tee Times....

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm surprised no one has been on and given the full story then.

The media wouldn't do that though, it's got no meat on the bone, they'd rather distort or omit the facts to get some headlines and stir up a frenzy of the 'poor little woman' being discriminated against!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The media wouldn't do that though, it's got no meat on the bone, they'd rather distort or omit the facts to get some headlines and stir up a frenzy of the 'poor little woman' being discriminated against!

I'm surprised no members have been on Twitter or even any of the other women members

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm surprised no members have been on Twitter or even any of the other women members

It's because the Ladies themselves want to keep the competitions as they are. The whole story is based on discrimination but all the media stories fail to mention that the Ladies themselves as well as the men voted against the comps being gender neutral.
As it stands now it's just an argument over the mens competition tee times on a Saturday morning, the Lady in question now wants to book a tee time in the mens Saturday competition, all I know is I can't book a tee time when the Ladies competition is on. I am yet to contact the BBC with my story of discrimination.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you are looking to twitter as a barometer of opinion then you will struggle. As Fish has mentioned older people don't go on it, lots of people are not on it. Vocal people who want to moan go on it.

The media like a story like this because it fits a prejudice. They don't want the full facts as the story then disappears. Far better to only investigate so far and feed the outrage.

D

Deleted member 15344

The club is getting a right bashing. There appears to be one lady slagging the club on every tweet and of course her husband is backing her up - but it appears he is a member of a club that also doesn’t allow Lady members to play in Men’s Medals but doesn’t seem to have a problem with that at his own course

D

Deleted member 15344

Been having a right old twitter ding dong in regards this whole issue with the wife’s husbands and friends plus also Iain Carter has got involved in it all

It seems the second course is open to guests and pay and play etc when on a Saturday and the lady struggles to find people to go and play on that course with her to sign even a supplementary. So she wanted to be able to play in free tee times during the men’s comps so that she could have someone to sign her card and play competitive golf - obviously it went to an EGM and the notion of having gender free comps was defeated soundly but the notion to allow anyone to play in the free tee times was just defeated.

The R&A and Golf Wales are getting involved and it appears the management CPMA are confident another vote will be passed to allow anyone to play in empty tee times which would mean the Lady could play during the men’s comps

Now i personally don’t have an issue with a lady playing in a men’s comps - for me your club medals/Stablefords should be gender free especially at weekend but and it’s a big but then members mainly Male ones are going to expect that the same treatment during the week is afforded to them - I have a feeling this issue at Cottrell Park is going to open some flood gates

simmb

Club Champion
Visit site
Been having a right old twitter ding dong in regards this whole issue with the wife’s husbands and friends plus also Iain Carter has got involved in it all

It seems the second course is open to guests and pay and play etc when on a Saturday and the lady struggles to find people to go and play on that course with her to sign even a supplementary. So she wanted to be able to play in free tee times during the men’s comps so that she could have someone to sign her card and play competitive golf - obviously it went to an EGM and the notion of having gender free comps was defeated soundly but the notion to allow anyone to play in the free tee times was just defeated.

The R&A and Golf Wales are getting involved and it appears the management CPMA are confident another vote will be passed to allow anyone to play in empty tee times which would mean the Lady could play during the men’s comps

Now i personally don’t have an issue with a lady playing in a men’s comps - for me your club medals/Stablefords should be gender free especially at weekend but and it’s a big but then members mainly Male ones are going to expect that the same treatment during the week is afforded to them - I have a feeling this issue at Cottrell Park is going to open some flood gates

The thing is she already had the right to book a tee time in the mens competition as part of a by law. The vote that she instigated was the reason it got changed.

D

Deleted member 15344

The thing is she already had the right to book a tee time in the mens competition as part of a by law. The vote that she instigated was the reason it got changed.

And that vote has now been overturned by the owner of the club - so what’s the point in having a members vote