Woburn

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Has anyone been? I have been lucky and managed to get a free round there - for those who have been do you have any helpful tips etc - get there early for the best parking/ take a blazer for the clubhouse, don't wear trainer socks etc.

D

Deleted member 15344

Has anyone been? I have been lucky and managed to get a free round there - for those who have been do you have any helpful tips etc - get there early for the best parking/ take a blazer for the clubhouse, don't wear trainer socks etc.
which course ?
parking - no issues loads of spaces

Certainly don’t need a blazer and no issues with trainer socks , you can wear trainers in clubhouse and golf shoes as long as they are clean

If you like parkland courses they are superb - I prefer the Dukes and if you are going soon then the Marquess will be a little wet

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played all the courses a few times, depends which one you're playing. The Dukes for History, Marquess for beastiness, Duchess if you want to punish yourself.

Never had to wear jacket or tie but not played in any events. Just rolled up with a mate who's a member. I'm sure members were wearing spikes in the restaurant area.

Has a decent range and putting greens to warm up, and decent grub in the restaurant. Did put shoes on for the bar after but that's about it. I'd plum. For the Dukes on first visit if it was me, or Marquess as a second. I really like both courses.

JT.

Visit site
massive car park, no need to get dressed up unless it’s part of the event you’re attending.

Great breakfast buffet in the morning, arrive early to take advantage ?

Most remain in golf gear afterwards, all I ever do is change my shoes.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Enjoy it, decent car park, can take your clubs through the front opening through to the back by the putting green, cracking locker room round to the right. Best to walk past the pro shop quite briskly unless feeling flush :)

For me Id try and play the Marquess if its summer (its a bit wider and more forgiving), if not then the Dukes over the Duchess (which is tighter than the proverbial...)

All 3 are cracking courses and enjoyable in their own right though and wouldnt be disappointed playing any of them

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It's not an event - Luckily know someone with ties to Ian Poulter whom has arranged the day - unfortunately I don't know what course we're playing on. Cheers for the tips/info boys.

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Great place and experience. I would make the most of your day. Arrive early use the practice facilities and golf shop. Food is great. Stay for a drink. Only played Marquess which is stunning. Beautiful kept. Forgiving but tough. Greens are quick

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I like the Duchess, and in my view, it is no where near as tight as it looks. Plenty of room, unless you spray it about like an idiot. Dukes is lovely, Marquess is a slog in a swamp.
Duchess is my 'favourite' - though Dukes is a bit special too. Marquess beats me up just a little too much to really enjoy!

Whole complex exudes 'class' - in a good way. Yet not stuffy. Another great lunch id that's involved. Afters nicely casual, though closes quite early - no bad thing with likely drive home

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had several forum meets there. A little pricey in the bar but a very small aside. You are well looked after and great service and the conditioning of the courses always top order.

Work in London so used to stupidly high prices for bars.