Wish me luck!

Morecambe hacker

Medal Winner
Visit site
Well after some serious thinking and down to the fact I've not been happy with my swing consistency for a long time I've taken the first move in what I'm hoping is the beginning of something real special and just ordered a copy of the very much debated stack & tilt book!

If anyone on here uses this method please feel free to leave any positive messages to help me think this is a wise & sensible move and to all those who disagree please let's not turn this into another hot debate as I've made my mind up its got to be at least worth a try!

Wish me luck peeps and i will keep you all informed of my progress (if any lol)

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
could of had my copy for postage, its a crap idea, doesnt work so I am sticking to my wafty, out to in, weight on the back foot all the way, power swing :)

in all seriousness its something I still want to give a go but due to lack of instructors the cost of lessons with the nearest I darent try it.

good luck :thup:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
could of had my copy for postage, its a crap idea, doesnt work so I am sticking to my wafty, out to in, weight on the back foot all the way, power swing :)

in all seriousness its something I still want to give a go but due to lack of instructors the cost of lessons with the nearest I darent try it.

good luck :thup:

I've got a s and t instructor close to me, want to sell the book?

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Along with the book and DVD'S the best advice I would give you is get down to Penwortham GC/Whitestake Driving Range and take some proper instruction from Daz Hopwood who is one of the authorised S&T instructors. I use him and he is a fantastic coach who goes above and beyond to ensure you understand and are following the pattern correctly.
I think he is setting up some taster sessions for people who are interested in S&T.

http://www.hopwoodgolf.co.uk/

http://www.youtube.com/user/dazhwood

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

There's a set of DVD's out there called Stack and Tilt 2.0 which (so I gather) are pretty good viewing... and easy to learn from. If you can grasp some concepts from the book then it might be worth your while taking it a step further.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've had the privilege of Justone spending several hours going through S&T with me a good few years ago. I can understand the principles and I did hit the ball well with the irons (woods and the driver were a different story) but couldn't really convince myself to go with it long term

Morecambe hacker

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

There's a set of DVD's out there called Stack and Tilt 2.0 which (so I gather) are pretty good viewing... and easy to learn from. If you can grasp some concepts from the book then it might be worth your while taking it a step further.

very kind of you mate, very much appreciated.

im soooo looking forward to my new journey ahead. will defo be intouch and keep you posted of my progress cos im very confident there will be lots to come

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whatever works for you has to be good, I realise its not for everyone, its not for me either, but if it works for you, great, hope it helps you enjoy the game more, thats what we are all after i think :)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Would it be fair to say S&T suits the shorter irons rather than the longer clubs/woods/driver?

I know some people who claim not to hit the longer irons as well as the shorter irons... but I know more golfers who hit fats/thins/shanks/slices/hooks etc who use a NORMAL swing.

Is it fair to say that many people have problems hitting draws with a normal swing? So much so in fact that the default shot for the majority of golfers is a slice, isn't it?

;)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I know some people who claim not to hit the longer irons as well as the shorter irons

Is that because as the weight starts favouring the left foot then moves further forward throughout the swing, many find it difficult to adjust the hip angle to flatten out the steep angle of attack for say the woods/driver?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Is that because as the weight starts favouring the left foot then moves further forward throughout the swing, many find it difficult to adjust the hip angle to flatten out the steep angle of attack for say the woods/driver?

No Bob, generally it's because they set up with far too much weight on the left side to start with as they've been watching some rubbish instruction on the web and totally misinterpreted it.