Wish.com

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yep

My mate came home drunk one night and bought an M3 3 wood off a site called joom.
The shaft feels awful and whole weight of the club seems off.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A guy I played with bought a scotty off here.

I couldn’t stop laughing when I heard and had to break the news to him that it will definitely be a fake.

Do people really believe they can get those clubs and those prices?

The club arrived and it was like a toy. Felt plasticy. The headcover wasn’t too bad though to be fair.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
About as real as a nine bob note.

On the subject of fake Scottys though... I think the golfspy people did some comparisons between real and fake Scottys, with amateurs. They didn't turn out to have overly different putting results between the two - probably says more about us amateurs though :D

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
About as real as a nine bob note.

On the subject of fake Scottys though... I think the golfspy people did some comparisons between real and fake Scottys, with amateurs. They didn't turn out to have overly different putting results between the two - probably says more about us amateurs though :D

Yeah I know what you mean. I would say the majority of people would putt the same with a dunlop compared to a scotty. But it was the feel of it that was horrendous. It felt really hollow, like it was a thin shell with the worst metal I have ever seen.

The face also wanted to go left, you set it down and it just went completely closed. During the stroke you were holding the face open the whole time.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
The fakes that mygolfspy used looked fairly legit to the naked eye. I would imagine it would be things like the metal used and potential alignment errors that would make a difference.

The one your mate ordered sounds very ropey :D

D

Deleted member 18588

It's a big country , quite capable of making high specification items and fakes.

Absolutely and also fakes can and
are,produced in any country.

Also there are different types of knockoffs.

Some are nothing but copies and some are to the same spec as the authentic product but leave the factory by the backdoor

AdamW

Visit site
Is there anywhere you can buy used clubs and be confident they are not fake? Is there companies which check?

Springveldt

Visit site
Is there anywhere you can buy used clubs and be confident they are not fake? Is there companies which check?
Golfbidder or PGA Professionals on eBay.

I'm always wary when I see someone selling a brand new, never been hit, still in the plastic on eBay if they aren't a PGA Professional. Sure a few could be guys that won them in opens, invite days etc but I know first hand how good the fakes are from China. I bought a Scotty knockoff for £36 on one of those sites and it looked the part but was half the weight and if you missed the centre of the putter it only went half the distance it should have. My mate bought it off me for £20 even knowing it was garbage, no idea why, I just wanted to bin it.