Winter series events - where you playing?

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Trying not to put the clubs away this winter and stay active, my PlayMoreGolf points ran dry so I'm continuing my summer away days routine through the winter.

Yesterday we had Leamington county (Warks) 👍 2moro is Staverton estate and Tuesday is Brampton heath (both Northants)

Where you getting your winter away day competition?

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trying not to put the clubs away this winter and stay active, my PlayMoreGolf points ran dry so I'm continuing my summer away days routine through the winter.

Yesterday we had Leamington county (Warks) 👍 2moro is Staverton estate and Tuesday is Brampton heath (both Northants)

Where you getting your winter away day competition?

Play in the Ayrshire Winter Golf Association.

We play Largs, Dundonald, West Kilbride, Western Gailes, Troon Portland, Old Prestwick and a home event at Glasgow Gailes. The group normally consists of one pro and two amateurs. Good value and good days out over very decent courses. The gamble is the weather, but last year we were really quite lucky.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
44 of us had our annual exchange day to Buxton and High Peak. I can't remember the last time I was as wet as today. Despite that, we enjoyed the day - particularly the carvery afterwards.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
nothing for my club. we have a winter eclectic but that's it. There is a Moray Alliance, but as Nairn isn't in it anymore (massive field that flowed way over there allotted time when they did have a fixture) which runs from November though to the end of Feb with clubs from Moray Nairn and Invernesshire and part of Ross shire.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Play in the Ayrshire Winter Golf Association.

We play Largs, Dundonald, West Kilbride, Western Gailes, Troon Portland, Old Prestwick and a home event at Glasgow Gailes. The group normally consists of one pro and two amateurs. Good value and good days out over very decent courses. The gamble is the weather, but last year we were really quite lucky.

Cheers Allen, any time you fancy mate :thup::D

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Playing here tomorrow. Rossapenna sandy hills. Arguably my favourite links. Weather is touch and go.

[video=youtube;z5alxa6WxaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5alxa6WxaQ[/video]

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going to try and get some winter opens in, but currently there are not that many near me or they are during the week and I can't make them. Failing that I will take a few trips up the Gullane and get a game or two there.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Playing here tomorrow. Rossapenna sandy hills. Arguably my favourite links. Weather is touch and go.

[video=youtube;z5alxa6WxaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5alxa6WxaQ[/video]

Sun IS shining, wind non existent. Please stay like this. Tee time 2pm .

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Some good stuff to be had, I'd rather play a winter comp than nothing tbh. Staverton today greens nice, fringes shocking mud balls and price increase to £25 😕 Brampton will be better Tuesday

The Leicestershire had there's today should have gone there instead.

Wish they would spread them out, they have them within a week of each other and then we wait a month to go again 🤔

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Brampton heath was like playing on the best summers day, ended up in a t-shirt :) 43 pts won the day and 42 second. Some serious winter golfers out there. glad it's a qualifyer as hopefully lose 0.2 myself with 37pts :)

Loving winter golf so much I'm even splashing out Thursday and visiting Sutton Coldfield for there winter series event :)

Got the bug again big time.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've put my name down as a late filler on the TeeTours event at Edgbaston tomorrow (25th Oct).
Noon tee-time and when I last looked there was still a space in the fourball for anyone who fancies it. Am Am, £30

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I've put my name down as a late filler on the TeeTours event at Edgbaston tomorrow (25th Oct).
Noon tee-time and when I last looked there was still a space in the fourball for anyone who fancies it. Am Am, £30

Enjoy yourself, Nick, if it wasn't half term I'd have been up for it as Edgbaston is one on my list to play. Let us know how the course fairs please ? expect 90+ points

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Back to the good old #TheLeicestershire 2moro 👍 £30 bacon cob on arrival 7 prizes 96 entered so good funds on offer 🏌

No rain forecasted ☔ feed me #GolfAddiction

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Back to the good old #TheLeicestershire 2moro 👍 £30 bacon cob on arrival 7 prizes 96 entered so good funds on offer 🏌

No rain forecasted ☔ feed me #GolfAddiction

Sounds good enjoy.

I was meant to play Western Gailes yesterday in a meet that was postponed from last week, but work got in the way - too much to do !! joys of self employment :cool:

D

Deleted member 1147

There are a few winter series events at my club, Kedleston Park GC which I’m playing in

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
There's a little circuit of winter opens that runs in Lancashire.

Knott End on the 1st Friday of each month, Longridge the 2nd, Blackpool NS the 3rd and Morecambe the 4th.

Heysham also run a series of winter opens.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good winter course ? £40 I guess it must be. Shame they don't catch on here and do one every Friday that would be ace #ImMovingUpNorth 👍

What other events are coming up in the Midlands? I'd be interested in a few, depending on the courses and cost