Winter Golf Membership NE?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Won’t be long until we are on winter greens and restricted fairways, normally starts mid to late Nov at our place and runs through to March.

Not looking forward to that, so have been thinking about a winter membership elsewhere. Newbiggin offer one for £230 and say they never have winter greens and very rarely close. Any other good options that aren’t a massive trek?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd ask them. Shields is a good shout. Nicer environment than Newbiggin imo and possibly a little closer as well to you. Nice clubhouse, good set up. The next option up is Alnmouth Village then seahouses.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Wouldn’t it make financial sense to release a limited number Bill?
Two problems with that. (a) Some 12 month members would probably take advantage of it and (b) We're often the only course in the area open or in decent condition & get so many winter green fees it already upsets some of the members. An increased winter membership, given the restricted daylight hours, would likely make the course too busy.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Fairly sure they do but think they might be full at the moment. Worth a shot though!
7 day winter membership is full but 5 day still available.

However its a bit too far to play regularly, over 60 miles away and an hour and a quarter door to door. Not really feasible doing that a couple of times a week in winter.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Seahouses are advertising 6 months winter membership for £120. A hike from where you are but worth mentioning.

Good value, but yes, too much of a hike.

Newbiggin are doing a 5 day membership, £150 for 5 months, 1st Nov - 31st March. Am giving that some thought. Back is still giving me gyp, but if that clears up, and the lads I play with fancy it, might well go for that.