Winter boots are they worth getting??

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As above

Need a pair of shoes again and with winter coming am thinking this season to get a pair of boots.

But wondering how they feel to play in. And do you find them more water proof than a pair of shoes.

Any recommendations

Thanks in advance

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Will be the 3rd season for my FJ boots in a while. Comfy, warm and 100% waterproof even when stepping in ankle deep puddles. They take a few holes to get used to as they are obviously higher than shoes but you forget you’re wearing them after a bit.
Certainly a very good 60 or 70 quid well spent in my case.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Will be the 3rd season for my FJ boots in a while. Comfy, warm and 100% waterproof even when stepping in ankle deep puddles. They take a few holes to get used to as they are obviously higher than shoes but you forget you’re wearing them after a bit.
Certainly a very good 60 or 70 quid well spent in my case.

This all day long, would not think about playing in owt else during the wet winter months.

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I see this season's going for about 99 quid. A fair bit of cash for a something that will be covered in mud in a month or two lol. But If your getting a few winters in them. I guess that's worth paying out for.

See a few cheaper ones about as well and have a years waterproof guarantee.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I see this season's going for about 99 quid. A fair bit of cash for a something that will be covered in mud in a month or two lol. But If your getting a few winters in them. I guess that's worth paying out for.

See a few cheaper ones about as well and have a years waterproof guarantee.

Pro at Chester le Street is doing FJ boots on a special for about £69 iirc.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have the FJ winter boots mainly for the warmth as I can't stand cold feet. Think I'm on the 3rd year of mine.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This is going into my second winter using Stobart boots probebly one of the cheaper brands very light comfy and waterproof, a friend of mine also got a pair at the same time as me and one of his soles come loose at the heel.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a pair of Stuburts as well. Warm, comfortable and waterproof. Shame they started to fall apart at just over a year old.

As above, the uppers started to part company with the lowers.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not decrying these at all but, apart from being higher at the ankle, what makes than any different from, say, FJ AQL or similar?
Only a 1 year waterproof warranty wouldn't fill me with confidence as they are designed to be used in the wet weather..

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Boots are good, as when walking through wet grass your socks dont get wet, wicking water into your shoes. All this is then countered by the boots themselves not being waterproof, and your feet getting wet anyway.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If I was going for a new pair I would go for the FJs over the Stuberts not much differance in the price at the moment, I was surprised how light the boots are.

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Definitely worth it, I can recommend the FJ's. Am on my second pair, saved from last winter and expecting to use them this winter with a new set of spikes.

You can save wear and tear on your regular shoes and make them last longer of course if you can pack them away during the winter months whilst you are in the boots.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is going into my second winter using Stobart boots probebly one of the cheaper brands very light comfy and waterproof, a friend of mine also got a pair at the same time as me and one of his soles come loose at the heel.

Are these the ones that improve your driving?