wilson staff fg tour irons any good?

trackdayking

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all! i play with ci7 staff irons at the mo and play ok with them to say they are at the budget end of the range...I've got chance of the staff fg tour just wondered if any one has used them? and will they be a lot better? once again i thank you for your time.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi all! i play with ci7 staff irons at the mo and play ok with them to say they are at the budget end of the range...I've got chance of the staff fg tour just wondered if any one has used them? and will they be a lot better? once again i thank you for your time.

I had them off 21 and thought they were lovely....I had a real soft spot for them...At that time they were a good bit above my ball striking ability....
I went through a few more sets 3 to be exact and spent the last 12 months of last year playing Ping i10's...
I dont really like any of the big chunky irons....

I swapped my Pings 4 weeks ago for the wilson FG's and iv shot the four best rounds iv had with them....
They will be in the bag for a very long time....

If you stike the ball pretty solidly you'll do fine with them....They are to Quote Wilson "A Players cavity backed blade" but to be honest there is still a decent amount of help in the back of them....

If you swing steep they do tend to dig a little but the thing i love about them is that they are nice and heavy.
When middled they feel very soft.

If you are confident with your Ci's then i see no reason why you wouldnt be able to hit these.
Iv hit the Ci series 7's,9's, and 11's and the FG's are far nicer in my opinion.....

The blade length of the FG's is shorter heel to toe and shallower topline to sole than the Ci's but not be much....
Hope that helps.:thup:

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I play them and I rate them very highly. They've taken me from 10.4 to 7.3 and, hopefully, further down.
They look great at address and the feel off the face is top class.
For the price, you really can't go wrong.

trackdayking

Club Champion
Visit site
I had them off 21 and thought they were lovely....I had a real soft spot for them...At that time they were a good bit above my ball striking ability....
I went through a few more sets 3 to be exact and spent the last 12 months of last year playing Ping i10's...
I dont really like any of the big chunky irons....

I swapped my Pings 4 weeks ago for the wilson FG's and iv shot the four best rounds iv had with them....
They will be in the bag for a very long time....

If you stike the ball pretty solidly you'll do fine with them....They are to Quote Wilson "A Players cavity backed blade" but to be honest there is still a decent amount of help in the back of them....

If you swing steep they do tend to dig a little but the thing i love about them is that they are nice and heavy.
When middled they feel very soft.

If you are confident with your Ci's then i see no reason why you wouldnt be able to hit these.
Iv hit the Ci series 7's,9's, and 11's and the FG's are far nicer in my opinion.....

The blade length of the FG's is shorter heel to toe and shallower topline to sole than the Ci's but not be much....
Hope that helps.:thup:

Thanks for the great wright up! Well i managed to get them for £130 quid (used 4 times) the lad who was selling them spelt wilson "wllson" so they didnt stand much of a chance on the well known auction site his loss my gain! looking forward to using them! I may have to change the grips as they or oversized and i have a size 7 glove!

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the great wright up! Well i managed to get them for £130 quid (used 4 times) the lad who was selling them spelt wilson "wllson" so they didnt stand much of a chance on the well known auction site his loss my gain! looking forward to using them! I may have to change the grips as they or oversized and i have a size 7 glove!

Nice one...Well wear...At 130 notes their a steal and you'll love them.