Wilson launch pad irons

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all

Has anyone got them or used them?

Any feedback on them?

I have a swing where I sweep rather than hit down on it. Only divert I ever take is before the ball...

I know lessons is the answer but it’s a time thing and I am happy just enjoying playing when I can.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Based on the set at affordable golf, you'll have spent £4-500, will have lovely new shinies, but will still hit them fat.

Half an hour on the range with a towel 4" behind the ball. Don't hit the towel... Or, buy the clubs.

Reactions: MrC

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Think these are in the same vein as the Cleveland HB launcher irons which are meant to be fantastic. By all accounts these are very good and very forgiving irons and a lot of golfers could great benefit from them but a lot wouldn't use them because of how they look.

Reactions: MrC

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Based on the set at affordable golf, you'll have spent £4-500, will have lovely new shinies, but will still hit them fat.

Half an hour on the range with a towel 4" behind the ball. Don't hit the towel... Or, buy the clubs.

I would happily try that but I am not sure one half hour would solve it. If it did then great

In reality I will get to play golf once every other week so limited what I can do practice wise

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Think these are in the same vein as the Cleveland HB launcher irons which are meant to be fantastic. By all accounts these are very good and very forgiving irons and a lot of golfers could great benefit from them but a lot wouldn't use them because of how they look.

I am ok with how they look. Very comfortable just getting the ball round. If I can turn 95-105 scores into 90-95 I would be happy

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am ok with how they look. Very comfortable just getting the ball round. If I can turn 95-105 scores into 90-95 I would be happy
Then I would say give them a go my friend, they are designed for golfers who struggle to get the ball in the air, also look at the Cleveland HB launchers, they get amazing reviews and crossfield I believe had some in the bag, if you are ok with how they look and simply want to go out and enjoy yourself then they would be perfect.