Wilson fluid feel blades

scozzie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hey there all,
Just picked up a set of wilson fluid feel forged irons (circa 1990?)and wanted some reviews/ opinions from users.They look in great nick & were going for next to nothing so why not? I am off 12 hcap and looking to improve so thought I would grab these and use as a "trainer" set before I take the plunge & get some modern blades to replace current sticks (altho they are quite "bladey" too)to take my game the next step.Ballstriking is generally pretty good so looking forward to more feedback on how good it actually is using these babies!! anyhoo...any thoughts out there from fellow retro heads?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Only one thing will take your game to this so called 'next level', and that is playing better. A set of bladed irons is not going to do this.

Have fun though. And then buy a proper set of clubs.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hey there all,
Just picked up a set of wilson fluid feel forged irons (circa 1990?)and wanted some reviews/ opinions from users.They look in great nick & were going for next to nothing so why not? I am off 12 hcap and looking to improve so thought I would grab these and use as a "trainer" set before I take the plunge & get some modern blades to replace current sticks (altho they are quite "bladey" too)to take my game the next step.Ballstriking is generally pretty good so looking forward to more feedback on how good it actually is using these babies!! anyhoo...any thoughts out there from fellow retro heads?

I'm not a retro-head, but you go for it... :D

I binned my Mizuno Astrons for TP blades in the mid-90s in search of the "next level". Off 8 and frequently playing to 4 or so in social, with no short game to speak of. (i.e. I was hitting a LOT of greens)

Worst mistake I ever made.

No-one ever believes me when I say the whole concept is pointless, but I'll give it another go. :)

scozzie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks guys,keen to give them a go,my plan is I can start to use them at the range and if I can hit these well there with so litle room for error then it stands to reason I will hit my current sticks better,hence the trainer set reference...in this regard at least murph i think it will help me play better...i hope! If we really get on then its time for bounce games & the medal!!will regrip myself being a retro head & I think these are very much a proper set of clubs!!,cant think of how many brand new drivers just send the ball further into the rough,id throw those b****y allen keys they come with in after them!!