Wilson DX2 Blue Balls

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you see these on offer anywhere and are tempted, RESIST. Very difficult to see after you've hit 'em. VERY DIFFICULT !!!! Whereas the Pink ones are brilliant!

Ok get your jokes in now

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I tried pink balls once and gave the box away.

After playing just 4 holes with one my views were that they were very difficult to see in flight and compared to a white or yellow ball hard to find in grass of any length.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have to agree, the blue ones are hard enough to find on the fairway let alone in the rough. The orange ones work for me though.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played a course on Sunday and saw a few people playing with the lime green ones, I assume they were Wilson as well as they seem to be kings of colours. I could not get over how well they stood out. Lime green, red, orange all work very well. Blue, mmmmmmmmm.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I found the pink too dark to see in the air after a certain distance. The blue ones look quite dark so I'd imagine they have the same problem. The only decent colour was orange, but in all honesty I think white beats them all for visibility. It's just a gimmick for people who want to stand out I guess.

While I was trying some of these I was doing a betterball match with my mate, using the yellow Optix, and I twice lost one in the rough not far from the fairway because you just can't see them against the grass. He basically begged me to use a different ball as it was costing us holes!

Fabia999

Visit site
This isn't the first time I've read about loosing the blue ones in flight... that's why I choose to hit mine along the ground. Joking ofc, I hit the red ones along the ground!

On a serious note, I am a big fan of these golf balls. I use Truvis for competitions and DX2's for practice but I wouldn't have a problem using DX2's for comps.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This isn't the first time I've read about loosing the blue ones in flight... that's why I choose to hit mine along the ground. Joking ofc, I hit the red ones along the ground!

On a serious note, I am a big fan of these golf balls. I use Truvis for competitions and DX2's for practice but I wouldn't have a problem using DX2's for comps.
Why wouldn't you practise with the ball you're going to use in the competitions? Do you use different clubs when you practise as well?

Fabia999

Visit site
Why wouldn't you practise with the ball you're going to use in the competitions? Do you use different clubs when you practise as well?

Yes, I use my leather wedge in comps obviously..

I try different things when practicing, I don't lose many but it doesn't feel as bad when its not a 37 quid a box ball. I've never felt that if makes any difference though.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes, I use my leather wedge in comps obviously..

I try different things when practicing, I don't lose many but it doesn't feel as bad when its not a 37 quid a box ball. I've never felt that if makes any difference though.
Fair enough, I was just curious. Most of what you read regarding golf balls says stick to one all the time so you know how it will play. I do that for a few boxes worth then I have my head turned and buy a different one anyway. :LOL:

Fabia999

Visit site
Fair enough, I was just curious. Most of what you read regarding golf balls says stick to one all the time so you know how it will play. I do that for a few boxes worth then I have my head turned and buy a different one anyway. :LOL:

I love golf, but I can't justify spending that much on a ball for messing around just yet, maybe when I feel that it is holding me back I will change.

Tell me about it. I eat up all the "add 20 yards to your drive" and "our longest ball ever" advertisements, I really need to stop! haha

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
I found the same with the volvik. Easy to see in the air but the contrast with the grass with the blue ones made it too difficult to find. Pink volvik were east to find too. Likewise with the Callaway truvis. The blue and white ones where a nightmare to find.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I love golf, but I can't justify spending that much on a ball for messing around just yet, maybe when I feel that it is holding me back I will change.

Tell me about it. I eat up all the "add 20 yards to your drive" and "our longest ball ever" advertisements, I really need to stop! haha
Well nobody said you had to use premium balls in competitions? Ah it's up to you though, didn't want to sound like I'm preaching - like you I find it tiresome that everyone claims they have the longest ball in the world and I never know what I should be using really. I tend to just stick to the £20 range but even that market is flooded with different balls.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
The blue ones are dreadful, love the other colours and sue them in the winter but the blues, i was going to give them away but could't find them.

Mandofred

Visit site
A few years ago I dyed a bunch of old balls slightly purple, just in case mine got mixed with anybody else who might be hitting/practicing on the field. I threw them away after a couple of practices. Turns out once they went out close to 100 yards and further I couldn't see them land....just the wrong color for me. I have trouble seeing a ball that is out 200+ yards once it stops moving. I played with a guy a couple of years ago who played those bright pink balls.....I could see those just fine.