Will i be able to use these?

allin

Visit site
I am currently looking to buy a new set of irons after a summer of golf, playing about 3/4 times a week with my maxfli set from jjb. I am willing to spend £200-£300 on these irons and seen a lovley set of Wilson Staff Fi5 Forged Irons and am wondering will they be too difficult for me to use. I was also wondering about the Wilson Staff Di7 Irons? Any other suggestions would be welcomed aswell!!

Thanks,

James

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
From what I have read the Di7's are ideal for all levels of golfer. I am sure they were awarded with a Best Buy award from either GM or TG. Good value too but as everyone will tell you, GET FITTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Advanced warning on the Di7s, they can only be fitted for length and grip. Appartently the hosel is too small to adjust lie

allin

Visit site
thanks guys ill keep that in mind. i really like the look of the Fi5 irons....do u think that it is a wise choice for a medium to high handicaper like myself?

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
thanks guys ill keep that in mind. i really like the look of the Fi5 irons....do u think that it is a wise choice for a medium to high handicaper like myself?

No......not wise at all. Sorry.

I'd go for the Di7 though, very tasty and friendly, even if you can't get the lies changed.

Dave

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dont go for the Fi5 irons mate unless you hit the ball like Padraig Harrington, the Di7 irons are most suited for mid-high handicapper, I have a set and love them, they have won several review competitions and for £250 online you cant go wrong, also have a look at the Mizuno mx-19.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Di7's are a lovely looking iron, they are one of the best sellers where I get my equipment and I have only ever heard good things about them.

Personally I don't give much emphasis to the aesthetics when buying equipment. I use cobra irons because I have always used them.

There are a lot of very, very good sets of irons in your price range. Have a go with a few different irons at the range and find out what works best for you then make a decision from there.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have recently been to see a local club maker and not only are the prices comparable or lower than an off the shelf set, they are fully customised to suit you. He is even fitting every club individually rather than take one spec for the whole set. The person that I have seen is happy to build a club to spec for you to take away and try for a week or so and is even building a second one of a different make to compare against. I was happy to try this method as did not want to pay the prices being charged for some irons these days and did not want a set that included clubs that I did not use (have noticed that a number of this year's new irons are only being sold in sets 3-pw whereas I want to stick with my 3 and 4 iron hybrids)

Ham

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just like to back up GB72s comments, I have just been to see a club maker through the Orka website after a recommendation,had a 2 hour session being measured and doing swing tests,trying different grips etc, he then made me a 7 iron which he then made further adjustments to after I tested it at his workshop.you then go and use it for a couple of rounds all for no fee, he will then make me any combo of clubs I want. A 5-SW set will cost approx £350 including fitting,I am convinced proper fitting makes a big difference.

Ham

Medal Winner
Visit site
Was fitted with Orka irons had a 7 iron to try and just waiting for the rest of the set to be made, the fitter I saw is call David Doyle he works in Bournemouth and Basingstoke, I would highly recommend him he is very experienced and knowledgeable and dispeled alot of myths about clubs and fitting and gave great advice.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I saw vision in Peterborough, sent me off with a Snake eyes python plus as only had a 7 iron in the Orka (all others were 6 irons). Have ordered me one in though and am picking up a Kii to try on Monday.