Between these sets, which will be better for an absolute beginner?

D

Deleted member 1147

Benross- as assume you’ll need to buy separate driver, wedged, putter etc, if you buy the Cally irons

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
I have the Benross HTX Type R irons. I hit these 20 yards further than any other iron I've hit. Only downside is the spin is not great - but for a beginner that doesn't matter.

Myblueheaven

Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Like I said I’m a novice so all advice is greatly appreciated?
Honestly mate dont over think this game yet, there is a plethora of lovely shiney stuff out there that promises the world.
Buy the Benross irons, stick with them until you realise its you not the clubs that makes the ball go off either side or rolls 20 yards off the Tee.
Like I said and a few others on here, the Benross clubs aren't that old so they will have much of the same tech in them, just not the big name like Taylormade, callaway, Cobra etc
The only other set of Irons I really liked were an old set of Ping g15 but they are older and will be more expensive than the Benross.
Whichever you choose just enjoy playing and practicing, that will make you improve more than any club will, for now anyway.
Once youve decided you want to stick with the game and start improving then you may want something newer as a treat, until then I wouldnt bother.

i*windows

Visit site
Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Late on to this, but just to confirm the others who say the Benross. I have Hot Speed 2 drivers and fairways and they are great. I got them cheap at the Scottish Golf show (allegedly second hand, but no way could you tell).
Benross have been around for a good time now and produce decent, value for money clubs. At that price, you can't really go wrong.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys, big help. Going with the Ben Ross. ?

I was just coming on to post that you should go for the benross at that price

Good club maker

And if you get the bug bad and decide you want something else (you dont have to) you won't have much trouble selling some to someone looking to try the game cheap