Why we keep goin back.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played today and I was Rammel, two PP never turned up coz of the weather but as me and a PP had teed off on the first, one of our elderly members was walking to the first tee on his own. I asked if he wanted to join us, which he did. After four holes he was the only one who had hit every fairway 120-130 straight down the middle. He did say keep an eye on it coz I cannot see where it has gone 😳.
We got to the seventh and it was about 150 yd par three, he got out his hybrid and I nearly said " hit your driver" anyway he smacked his hybrid and it went like an arrow and ended up on the front of the green with the pin 50ft away at the back. My other PP put his 6 ft from the pin.

I said to Andy, "when was the last time you were on the green in one", "oh years ago"he said then lines up his putt and smacks it, I was stood sideways on and gave a running commentary." Oh good legs, that's gonna get there, go on son, GET IN". It dropped dead plumb. I was laughing and cheering, shook his hand, other PP shook his hand, and for ten seconds he never looked 76 yrs old. I was ribbing PP, he was getting some stick if he missed his 6ft tap in. He sunk it. For half a minute it was Brilliant.

Thats why we go back.

D

Deleted member 16999

Played today and I was Rammel, two PP never turned up coz of the weather but as me and a PP had teed off on the first, one of our elderly members was walking to the first tee on his own. I asked if he wanted to join us, which he did. After four holes he was the only one who had hit every fairway 120-130 straight down the middle. He did say keep an eye on it coz I cannot see where it has gone 😳.
We got to the seventh and it was about 150 yd par three, he got out his hybrid and I nearly said " hit your driver" anyway he smacked his hybrid and it went like an arrow and ended up on the front of the green with the pin 50ft away at the back. My other PP put his 6 ft from the pin.

I said to Andy, "when was the last time you were on the green in one", "oh years ago"he said then lines up his putt and smacks it, I was stood sideways on and gave a running commentary." Oh good legs, that's gonna get there, go on son, GET IN". It dropped dead plumb. I was laughing and cheering, shook his hand, other PP shook his hand, and for ten seconds he never looked 76 yrs old. I was ribbing PP, he was getting some stick if he missed his 6ft tap in. He sunk it. For half a minute it was Brilliant.

Thats why we go back.
Quality mate and totally agree, nice to see you had that nice German General playing to make it a 4 Ball :whistle:

Tashyboy

Visit site
Quality mate and totally agree, nice to see you had that nice German General playing to make it a 4 Ball :whistle:

You are a bad man,me and Norrins goin golfin but your grounded that day. 😂

I dont like saying the funny thing is, coz sometimes it not funny. But the funny thing is, I was listening to him talk to Trev ( other PP) old Andy is from the same village where I was from.. Rainworth aka Rennuth to the locals, anyway I told him I had emigrated 6 miles away. He then said, I was gonna emigrate for £10 to Australia in the sixties 😳. Eh, that got me attention, he even knew the name of the ship he and his Missis was going on. (castle summat or other). Anyway he said his ma in law did not want them to go. He then drops out " she went and got cancer so we never went". Honest. Anyway PP asks "Andy what job were you goin to". He says " oh I didn't have a job, I would find summat out there". 😳 What's that all about. It was like talking to someone from another planet. Brilliant.

D

Deleted member 16999

You are a bad man,me and Norrins goin golfin but your grounded that day. 😂

I dont like saying the funny thing is, coz sometimes it not funny. But the funny thing is, I was listening to him talk to Trev ( other PP) old Andy is from the same village where I was from.. Rainworth aka Rennuth to the locals, anyway I told him I had emigrated 6 miles away. He then said, I was gonna emigrate for £10 to Australia in the sixties 😳. Eh, that got me attention, he even knew the name of the ship he and his Missis was going on. (castle summat or other). Anyway he said his ma in law did not want them to go. He then drops out " she went and got cancer so we never went". Honest. Anyway PP asks "Andy what job were you goin to". He says " oh I didn't have a job, I would find summat out there". 😳 What's that all about. It was like talking to someone from another planet. Brilliant.
That was massive in the early 60's, my mam and dad looked into it, their best friends actually did it and we still keep in touch with their family.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I found out over Christmas that my Nan on my mum's side had the same deal emigrating to Canada, when my mum and her two sisters were young. Ship and cabin booked, she pulled out just days before. Funny how decisions like these change so much. My mum and her sisters went on to have 7 children between them, 8 grandchildren.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
my mum and dad also looked at the deal to OZ ,but mum didnt want to leave her mum and dad so we didnt go .
cant help feeling it was an opportunity missed by many who didnt go.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Thats why we go back.

Cracking story. He'll dine out on that with his mates for a while and it'll end up longer than that Terry Wogan putt

U

User62651

Lovely post and a nice anecdote, captures the spirit of golf - invite people to join in, enjoy others success as much as your own, hear some stories and learn a new thing or two as you play, have fun.:)

Ever though of writing your ramblings for publishing Tashy? - you have a way with words like no other!:D

Tashyboy

Visit site
Lovely post and a nice anecdote, captures the spirit of golf - invite people to join in, enjoy others success as much as your own, hear some stories and learn a new thing or two as you play, have fun.:)

Ever though of writing your ramblings for publishing Tashy? - you have a way with words like no other!:D

Sometimes am not to everyone's taste :whistle:, but it would be a bit boring if we were all the same. Talking to Missis T about Andy nearly goin to oz and she said " your auntie and uncle went out to Australia on a £10 deal". Oh ah ad forgot 😁.
I would struggle to get to Notts return on a train ticket for £10 now.

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Lovely story Andy.
You seem to enjoy bad weather golf!
Just dried out from you making me play the full round at Warrington!
I echo the above comments ,you really have a way with words and I love your stories.
Just a point though,have thought of trying English??????
Regards .

Tashyboy

Visit site
Lovely story Andy.
You seem to enjoy bad weather golf!
Just dried out from you making me play the full round at Warrington!
I echo the above comments ,you really have a way with words and I love your stories.
Just a point though,have thought of trying English??????
Regards .

Ha ha, nice to see your still a bad man Mal, spent an hour of me day cleaning me flippin bag and trolley today. Ave never seen me stuff so dirty, might of been a bit better if Beezerk had not stolen me hedgehog wheels. off here 😜.
Ironic thing is I was on about you to Andy, I told him I had played with you in Warrington and both yours and his drives were identical. Down the middle but not massive. Your first 100-120 yd is more brutal though than ours. He was on about his arthritis. You came up again.

Not bothered with the English bit though, doing me best to be multicultural. :rofl: