why dont we look after our own first

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well there's one job. Can all two million plus unemployed have it?

Seriously, some absolutely nonsense being said on here.

so can you shed some light on no takers for a driver at dominos pizza? and is it just pure coincidence/luck that a director leaves a 60k job and lands a £7 an hour job 12 hours later

D

Deleted member 15344

"But there is jobs available for people"

This is nonsense if you meant that anyone who looks for work will definitely get it.

I meant it exactly how I said it - there are jobs available for people .

Not sure how you can come to the conclusion that I suggested anyone will definitely get anything

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I meant it exactly how I said it - there are jobs available for people .

Not sure how you can come to the conclusion that I suggested anyone will definitely get anything

I never said anything you have said on this thread was nonsense, it was a blanket statement. I asked if you meant that, I didn't state it. Keep up!

As for the rest of it, no one has said there aren't jobs out there, so what was your point in stating as much?

D

Deleted member 15344

I never said anything you have said on this thread was nonsense, it was a blanket statement. I asked if you meant that, I didn't state it. Keep up!

As for the rest of it, no one has said there aren't jobs out there, so what was your point in stating as much?

It was a blanket statement in response to what posters were saying including me

And no one has said there is a job for every single jobless person - yet you have stated people are denying stone cold facts ? What exactly are people denying.

You appeared to come storming into a debate throwing accusations at people yet failing to back them up.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
It was a blanket statement in response to what posters were saying including me

And no one has said there is a job for every single jobless person - yet you have stated people are denying stone cold facts ? What exactly are people denying.

You appeared to come storming into a debate throwing accusations at people yet failing to back them up.

In this thread people have said that people aren't employed because they don't want work. I pointed out that there are more unemployed than there are jobs available, so not wanting to work is not a valid reason as to why some people are unemployed. This met resistance in opposition to the facts. That's all.

It's such a boring and lazy stereotype and one that people should get over.

D

Deleted member 15344

There are people unemployed because they don't want to work - because they are lazy or because they get more money on benefits - that's a fact and that's coming from someone who works in a Job Centre

No one suggested that "everyone" is employed because of that reason

Also people have suggested there is work out there available for unemployed people - at statement you called ridiculous and against cold facts - yet it's not - it's a very valid and true statement - there is work available for unemployed people - again no one suggested there work available for every single unemployed person out there.

You made a lot of assumptions on what people have posted and reacted to that.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really ? Every single person gets a personal issue of Osprey BA - it is fitted to each person so it's highly unlikely it's swapable.

If the RAF who aren't always on the first line get personal issue then I'm dammed sure the Front line get personal issue of Osprey.

In fact going out to the FOB's all the guy I ever saw had their own person issue.

Which regiment is he in ?

When I was in the RAF, body armour was never my concern. More importantly we had to make sure the hotel would get my dry cleaning done within 12hrs - that was always an issue when we had to drop down to 4 star places ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

When I was in the RAF, body armour was never my concern. More importantly we had to make sure the hotel would get my dry cleaning done within 12hrs - that was always an issue when we had to drop down to 4 star places ;)

:)

Yes those were the days - still get the odd little trip into that area but not as much anymore

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
In this thread people have said that people aren't employed because they don't want work. I pointed out that there are more unemployed than there are jobs available, so not wanting to work is not a valid reason as to why some people are unemployed. This met resistance in opposition to the facts. That's all.

It's such a boring and lazy stereotype and one that people should get over.

And add to that the fact that frequently, areas with substantial rates of unemployment are not the areas with a surplus of vacancies.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site

I was trying to remember why it was that those of us in the Army regarded the crabs with a certain disdain ;)