WHS - Best 8 scores counting out of 21!

Lisbon

Visit site
Every time I submit a card to my WHS which moves a ‘green counting score’ into the 21st position of recent scores, that score continues to count until another score is submitted.
So why is the WHS calculating best 8 scores of 21? This happens every time.
It’s a mystery to me and can’t find any answers online!

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Every time I submit a card to my WHS which moves a ‘green counting score’ into the 21st position of recent scores, that score continues to count until another score is submitted.

No, it doesn't.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you looking at the WHS portal or your club's ISV system (HDID, IG etc)? That doesn't look like a WHS display.

However, as said above the actual update is made overnight not when you submit your score.

Lisbon

Visit site
Might depend when you view it.
During the day it accepts the new score and moves the “21st“ down below the line.
Overnight the calculation takes place and when you view in the morning the 8 best are shown above the line.
In my experience, that is.
Yes, that was my initial thoughts also, but unfortunately every time a ‘counting’ scores drops out of the 20, they remain a counting score at position 21 until I submit another score! Very strange!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you looking at the WHS portal or your club's ISV system (HDID, IG etc)? That doesn't look like a WHS display.

However, as said above the actual update is made overnight not when you submit your score.
I think his picture is from the MyEG app.

Lisbon

Visit site
Thanks for your help guys. I have found the culprit.
The MyEG app has a competition score on the 3 Apr which does not appear on the HDID results.
So counting scores on HDID 8 from 20
But on MyEG it’s 8 from 21 due to that rouge score. I am at a loss as to how this as occurred, but when this mystery round drops out of 20 on MyEG the matter will be resolved. cheers everyone

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The MyEG app has a competition score on the 3 Apr which does not appear on the HDID results.
But on MyEG it’s 8 from 21 due to that rouge score. I am at a loss as to how this as occurred, but when this mystery round drops out of 20 on MyEG the matter will be resolved. cheers everyone
What shows on the WHS Portal?

Lisbon

Visit site
20 scores show on the graph, the other counting scores is not showing as it’s the 21st score, however, it’s still a green counting score!

Attachments

• 63C46468-30A9-45AF-8FB9-091E73ABFDA0.jpeg
    63C46468-30A9-45AF-8FB9-091E73ABFDA0.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 52

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Is that a score submitted via the app which is marked as pending affirmation by your marker?

D

Deleted member 25172

I’ve got a similar issue from yesterday.

Played a competition at the club. My 20th last score (before yesterdays round) was one of my 8 best scores.

Played the round and handed card in.
Round shows up on the EG app, but as we know the handicaps won’t update until after midnight.

When I got on the app this morning, my handicap has been updated. From 8.4 to 8.3.

The round from yesterday is now one of my best 8 scores, BUT…

My now 21st round is still counting as one of my best 8.

The competition has been closed by club.

Anyone got a suggestion as to what have happened here?

E361FD28-D83E-4564-8A6D-E8C14D45B7AC.jpeg264FD796-4580-4014-9EC8-5E8C3ED99419.jpeg

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Played a competition at the club. My 20th last score (before yesterdays round) was one of my 8 best scores.

Round shows up on the EG app, but as we know the handicaps won’t update until after midnight.

When I got on the app this morning, my handicap has been updated. From 8.4 to 8.3.

View attachment 47287View attachment 47286

happens frequently if you have a 36 hole day and one of those scores features in your 8.

for some reason it can’t handle 36 hole days and displays them out of order. the index calculation is correct, but just the rounds are displayed in the wrong order on the 36 hole day

D

Deleted member 25172

happens frequently if you have a 36 hole day and one of those scores features in your 8.

for some reason it can’t handle 36 hole days and displays them out of order. the index calculation is correct, but just the rounds are displayed in the wrong order on the 36 hole day

Ah, I see! So I’ll have to wait another week then until my handicap goes up to 9+ then. Thanks for clearing that up!

D

Deleted member 25172

For some reason it displays the afternoon round as the first entry…or at least it always does on my record

Yeah, that would be correct here also as these 2 rounds are from our CC last year. Only reason I remember is cause I had to have a decent round in the afternoon to make the knockouts!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

View attachment 47287View attachment 47286

The graph only shows 19 scores