Who would come out on top?

With their best golf, who would come out on top?

• Rory McIlroy,

• Brookes Koepka,

• Dustin Johnson,

• John Rahm,

• Scottie Scheffler,

• Jordan Spieth

Results are only viewable after voting.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I don’t think I could split Rory and Rahm.

At their best I think they are a level above the others.

D

Deleted member 15344

If everyone was playing at their optimum best then Rory , his ball striking is up with the best seen. He has destroyed major fields. Even the likes of Woods have said if Rory is on his game then everyone else is playing for second place

But Rahm is coming a very close second place

seochris

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Looking at the votes cast, I suspect the outcome would be different if asked on a US forum.

It would be good if asked in Australia, France, S.Africa etc, ie a more neutral location. It would be interesting to hear their perspective.
Yes good point but interestingly and to your point...there were three American commentators and 2 choose Rory and one chose JR.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
At their best skill-wise, they are all probably pretty much of a muchness. The winner would IMO be the player who could emotionally (not simply mentally) cope with being on the verge of beating five of the best golfers who have ever played the game playing at their very best. And at some point of the competition there will be one such player in such a position.

sjw

Visit site
At their best skill-wise, they are all probably pretty much of a muchness. The winner would IMO be the player who could emotionally (not simply mentally) cope with being on the verge of beating five of the best golfers who have ever played the game playing at their very best. And at some point of the competition there will be one such player in such a position.
Yawn

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
If it's taking their best at any time in their career the answer is Rory - his best driving matches with DJs best driving, his best putting is just at a level below Spieths and Schefflers, his best woods, best irons, best wedges, best bunker shots are a match for anyone else - just to infrequent currently, and rarely has these facets working together. His best attitude / mentality (say the way he chased down Fowler & Mickelson at 2014 PGA Championship or the 2011 US Open immediately after the Augusta collapse) is a match as well.

If it's the best I think they're currently capable of.... I think it eliminates Spieth and Rory; Smith maybe should be part of the conversation but if I had to pick one it would be Rahm (just ahead of DJ & Scheffler).

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
🤔? We are emotional creatures and our emotions often determine what we do and how well we do it, especially when under pressure. So if we are looking for an answer to a very hypothetical question it is often best to look away from the obvious, and I deliberately differentiate between emotional stability and mental strength…they all have stacks of the latter.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
🤔? We are emotional creatures and our emotions often determine what we do and how well we do it, especially when under pressure. So if we are looking for an answer to a very hypothetical question it is often best to look away from the obvious, and I deliberately differentiate between emotional stability and mental strength…they all have stacks of the latter.
Just get off the fence and tell us who's the best! 😝

sunshine

Visit site
When Rory plays his best golf he always wins, sometimes by quite a big margin. In fact he has thrashed the best golfers in the world in the top events, and he's done it multiple times.

The reality is we rarely see his best golf for 4 days in a major, there is a mental block preventing him winning another one.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
When Rory plays his best golf he always wins, sometimes by quite a big margin. In fact he has thrashed the best golfers in the world in the top events, and he's done it multiple times.

The reality is we rarely see his best golf for 4 days in a major, there is a mental block preventing him winning another one.
Or he gets too excited - emotional rather than simply mental?