Who was your player of 2021?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
While that thread was about this year's achievements, I'm sure that most of us who know Homer will have instantly twigged that he'd not read the full text in the original post and wasn't claiming his achievement had happened this year.

Maybe he could have edited his post if he realised he had made a mistake. Especially after two people quoted him and congratulated him on a great score.

D

Deleted member 1147

Epic fail. Not been a member of WCGC since early 90's and so never played a competitive round since then. Think from memory this thread was about achievements off the bucket list
This year!

You were asked if it was this year, & you didn’t say it wasn’t. I can only assume therefore that you wanted people to think it was!

Also, I played many courses on which I wasn’t a member, this year, including my old club.

Harry Putter

Visit site
John Rahm

PGA Player of the Year, Vardon Trophy and Byron Nelson Award for lowest scoring average, leading scorer in Ryder Cup for European Team, 2021 majors record of T5, T8, 1, T3. It's pretty impressive.

Edit: just seen he's already been nominated.. but I agree!

D

Deleted member 1147

John Rahm

PGA Player of the Year, Vardon Trophy and Byron Nelson Award for lowest scoring average, leading scorer in Ryder Cup for European Team, 2021 majors record of T5, T8, 1, T3. It's pretty impressive.

Edit: just seen he's already been nominated.. but I agree!
His stats for the year were pretty impressive

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Lots of good suggestions, but I’ll add Billy Horschel to the mix, primarily because of the way he embraces the Tour in Europe. I wish more Americans would test themselves as he has done.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Any love for the European Solheim team? No away fans, silly rulings, usual weighting of world rankings, even Bubba..

D

Deleted member 1147

Any love for the European Solheim team? No away fans, silly rulings, usual weighting of world rankings, even Bubba..
Solheim team only won once, whereas Rahm, Nelly et al had success throughout the season.
Bubba was crap all season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
John Rahm. Most interesting and most characterful player in addition to stats mentioned, his Ryder Cup performance was superb and at times it felt like he was taking on the US alone.

I like how he shows you don’t need to be athletic or have a “conventional” swing to be good. Enjoy food and just hit the ball. What a guy!

Boomy

Visit site
Solheim team only won once, whereas Rahm, Nelly et al had success throughout the season.
Bubba was crap all season.

But what a win it was, against the odds, on American soil, with barely any fans and the squawking American screechy crowd taunting them from the first shot (not quite until the last shot as most of them had disappeared sulking when they realised they had lost) So good to see the Americans silenced on home soil. Their passion was quite clear to see, their determination and just how much it meant to them… it was fantastic to watch. It’s a shame the European Ryder Cup team didn’t display that same passion, as they looked defeated before they had even started. Leona Maguire (her pairing with Mel Reid was fantastic) was definitely a stand out performance but the whole team gets my vote for the way they pulled together.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
But what a win it was, against the odds, on American soil, with barely any fans and the squawking American screechy crowd taunting them from the first shot (not quite until the last shot as most of them had disappeared sulking when they realised they had lost) So good to see the Americans silenced on home soil. Their passion was quite clear to see, their determination and just how much it meant to them… it was fantastic to watch. It’s a shame the European Ryder Cup team didn’t display that same passion, as they looked defeated before they had even started. Leona Maguire (her pairing with Mel Reid was fantastic) was definitely a stand out performance but the whole team gets my vote for the way they pulled together.

Fun to see 60,000 fans leave the course so quickly. It was a great win in the context of team performances especially given the circumstances. Hard to separate team v individual as it would have been had the RC gone a similar way