Who here is in the Northwest....?

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's a load of 6 fingered webbed footed GM forumers in that area and around the NW in general, I'm sure they'll all show there faces soon, when there let out of there padded cells that is :smirk:

Those six fingers come in handy for;

1. Counting all my extra shots.
2. Flipping through rule-books in search of abstract regulations.
3. Promoting a nice soft draw.

Welcome aboard ThinAir, look forward to catching up for a game some time.

Ista

Hacker
Visit site
Hi , I go to the Chiili Dip range occasionally however as previous posters have mentioned give Duxbury a try as it's good value especially in the afternoons. Also if you want somewhere to pitch & putt try Hart Common GC in Westhoughton. It has a 18 hole course , a driving range & a very short 9 hole track. The bunkers & greens are decent enough though on the short track to practice short game on as there yes wait for it .. actual sand in the bunkers ! Most of the holes are between 60 & 100 yards though but it can serve a purpose. I haven't however played the 18 holer so can't vouch for it.

ThinAir

Medal Winner
www.facebook.com
Those six fingers come in handy for;

1. Counting all my extra shots.
2. Flipping through rule-books in search of abstract regulations.
3. Promoting a nice soft draw.

Welcome aboard ThinAir, look forward to catching up for a game some time.

Thanks buddy, looking forward to it!

Hi , I go to the Chiili Dip range occasionally however as previous posters have mentioned give Duxbury a try as it's good value especially in the afternoons. Also if you want somewhere to pitch & putt try Hart Common GC in Westhoughton. It has a 18 hole course , a driving range & a very short 9 hole track. The bunkers & greens are decent enough though on the short track to practice short game on as there yes wait for it .. actual sand in the bunkers ! Most of the holes are between 60 & 100 yards though but it can serve a purpose. I haven't however played the 18 holer so can't vouch for it.

A colleague has asked me to go and play Hart Common with him next week, so I will let you know 1) How I fare, and 2) what is like; not that I have any basis for comparison!

ppauls150

Medal Winner
Visit site
From Bolton here to and member of GLFGC it may be flat but it's tight and any lose shot gets punished with majority of the time a lost ball. Course is in decent condition atm but they just spiked the greens so gonna take a week for them to come back good. Where's chili dip never heard of that always go HC myself to the driving range went this afternoon only to find it shut :(

ThinAir

Medal Winner
www.facebook.com
Where's chili dip never heard of that always go HC myself to the driving range went this afternoon only to find it shut :(

Seems like there are a few of us on here from Bolton!

Chilli Dip is dead easy to find, its on the Blackrod Bypass, heading out towards Adlington.

If you're coming from Bolton (near to the centre), come of the M61 at the Horwich junction, head up towards Blackrod, take the bypass and then go through the x-roads by the Rivington Public House and you'll find it about 1.5miles up on the right hand side, next to San Marco's restaurant.

Have you thought about the range at Kearlsey? Its not the greatest, but its open fairly late....

ppauls150

Medal Winner
Visit site
Didn't know they had one and never been there. Plus kersley is a lot closer to me than HC so might try there next time cheers ;) I've only played Deane and weshoughton and at dunscar next month got the BGA prestons trophy. I'm up for a game somewhere different if you and karlcole or anyone else wants to get a game going 😉

ThinAir

Medal Winner
www.facebook.com
Yeah, like I say, Kearsley ain't the greatest and could do with some updating, but they do have a short game area that you can use for free (With your own balls), if you are paying to use the range. They have some grass tees as well, if you can find something to hit off in amongst all of the divots. The staff are pretty friendly though, just don't expect to find a pro shop.

I'm definitely up for getting a game sorted between us all, particularly as we all seem to live quite close!

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
Evening mate,

Another NW 8 flippered mouth breathing bottom feeder here! :D

I'm in Prestwich, so a bit further away and I'm a member at Walmersley GC, probably about half an hourish from Bolton depending on which side you're on.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How dos mate

I'm a member up at Chorley and can also been seen swearing under my breath, staring at god for help and wearing out the hosel of my 6 iron at Chilli dip most nights.

as Bluewolf alluded to earlier, Chorley is a great track, More than welcome to pop your head up for a knock.

Last edited:

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Have played a lot of society golf around lancs over the years. Played Bolton Old Links for first time a couple of weeks ago and must say I was impressed by the course condition. Chorley though is one of my favourites and one I go back to time and time again so well worth a look if you are the right side of town for travelling.

ThinAir

Medal Winner
www.facebook.com
Lots of people keep giving Chorley a lot of love, so I think I am definitely gonna check this place out. Must admit, I have had a look at the website and I am impressed with the look of the course!

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lots of people keep giving Chorley a lot of love, so I think I am definitely gonna check this place out. Must admit, I have had a look at the website and I am impressed with the look of the course!

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I was a member there for 4 years and it really is a good club and course, a good varied test with great views from most holes and good vfm if you were to look at membership.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've heard Chorley is a good course expensive membership though to I've heard. I suppose you get what you pay for.

Its not that expensive mate. Its about the same as most of the decent clubs round here.

Playable all year round, albeit, from fairway mats during the wetter months.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its not that expensive mate. Its about the same as most of the decent clubs round here.

Playable all year round, albeit, from fairway mats during the wetter months.

:thup::thup:

I thinks its really good VFM considering the quality of the course and the price of other courses in the Area.

Ista

Hacker
Visit site
Would like to play new courses & meet some new people around the area. Anyone know a good Golf society that's open to new members in the north west ?