Where would you play your last round of golf?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If it's going to be my last, I'll be jumping the fence and playing the back 9 at Augusta National.
It probably would be your last if you're jumping the fence..they probably have a "shoot first, ask questions later" policy for trespassers :LOL:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Dunkeld and Birnam. It's not the course - as lovely as it is. Dunkeld is my mainland spiritual home - the home of my maternal grandparents James and Isabella Seaton - and my mum. And I'd like it if my lad could knock it round with me.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
A lot of love for Swinley. I've only played it once and the bloke who organised it wanted to do three lots of six-hole matches for some unknown reason so we kept swapping around groups and there was no flow to the whole thing. The food after was genuinely ridiculous.

I'm now swaying a bit to Kingbarns as there would be no lost balls (unless on the beach) and with my dad. Head to head, eight shots, nobody would care who won and just chat and laugh the whole way round. Think two the ideal number for a proper chinwag

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Somewhere spectacular like Augusta, Spyglass or Wolf creek on a warm still summer evening.

But unlike many people. I’d want to be on my own. I love playing golf on a summer evening on my own. It’s great getting away for a bit of peace and quiet. It’s my meditation.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
But unlike many people. I’d want to be on my own. I love playing golf on a summer evening on my own. It’s great getting away for a bit of peace and quiet. It’s my meditation.
I used to find the best places for playing on my own were Llandrindod Wells or Boat of Garten.
When there, who cares about the golf. The scenery is stunning.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tricky. I would love it to be an iconic venue, probably an open venue, but I have a lot of love and memories for Wimbledon Common so very hard to ignore that, Having read Mark T's excellent piece about Wimbledon Park and his own memories about his dad (and his anecdotes abut the Dean the head pro - someone I knew well from his assistant pro days at Royal Wimbledon) and thinking about my own time at WCGC and my dad being a member there I think it can only be there. Off to dig out my red jumper

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dewsbury District. I lived right next to the course as a kid and used to play there occasionally when on leave from the RN. Played there a fair bit but only when I was a chomper. I hit my first ever “proper” shot there, which resulted in a birdie.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A lot of love for Swinley. I've only played it once and the bloke who organised it wanted to do three lots of six-hole matches for some unknown reason so we kept swapping around groups and there was no flow to the whole thing. The food after was genuinely ridiculous.

I'm now swaying a bit to Kingbarns as there would be no lost balls (unless on the beach) and with my dad. Head to head, eight shots, nobody would care who won and just chat and laugh the whole way round. Think two the ideal number for a proper chinwag

Let's bend the rules. 18 holes at Wimbledon Park, lunch and then 18 at Wimbledon Common and beers and dinner in the Fox and Grapes

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Most of my fondest golfing memories are from trips to Scotland we used to make in the 90's with really good friends.
I think, on that basis, I'd choose Pitlochry. A nice fourball on a sunny day with three of those good friends.
Good times.