Where Does Golf Stand in Your Financial Priorities

trickietree

Medal Winner
Visit site
Golf is fairly important to me as I dont play any other sport now.
I would try very hard not to give up my membership.
If I were losing 20% of my income I would either get a temporary part time job to supplement it or cut back in other areas that dont affect the mrs too much.

Good luck anyway

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bad luck mate, finger crossed that things get sorted.

I played loads when I was really struggling, mostly on public courses. I would resist giving up my membership now as it works out cheaper in the long run. If you go steady on new kit/balls etc. try to keep the pot for your yearly subs topped up.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
GB, at least you've got a couple of decent muni's nearby (Thorpe Wood and Orton Meadows), less than £15 on a weekday. They'll give you somewhere to go when her indoors wants you out from under her feet - bit of sulking, big sighs, polishing the clubs will do it :rolleyes:.

With a bit of luck we can meet up there.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like a good idea. Only problem is I can see her drafting her list of 'things I can do around the house' already

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I had to cut down it would be the internet and cable TV. Let's face it there's not a lot on TV and I can use the internet at work (what am I saying, I already do!).

teetime72

Head Pro
Visit site
Always remember -A happy wife is a happy life.
If the lady of the house is happy,the whole house is happy -
if not -nightmare.
If times are hard now,wait till you get on the pension.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Slightly better news now in that I may have found a club that I can actually afford to be a member of. A pretty respectable members only course near to me is offering a 30% discount to new members aged 18-35 and I just fall into the qualifying age bracket. A little bit of juggling of the finances and I should be able to cover the monthly fee which is nearly half what I paid last year. Only stumbling block now is that I have to actually be accepted by the committee and play 9 holes with the club pro. Anyway, looks like I may have found somewhere to play on the enforced day off each week. HALLELUJAH TO THAT.