When to Purchase Titleist Clubs ?

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi All,
In a bit of a club dilemma at the moment and want peoples advice.
I am wanting to buy some Titleist AP2 714 Irons. I was originally going to wait for the 716’s but I am not keen on how they look.

My question is basically what would be the best time to purchase them? I’m assuming the price will come down slightly after the 716’s get released? However if the price only decreases by £50 - £80 then I would buy them now since there’s still a good few months of golf left in the year (including an October trip to The Belfry!)

Additionally if anybody can find a set for a good price from a respected retailer then let me know.

Thanks crew.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Er....Why pick the AP2s?

The Combos you currently have are great clubs - whether they are the 3 style or 2 style ones!

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
While you might get AP2 cheaper at the moment it will most likely be end of stock and you may not get to custom fit them. You will be able to find out if they have stopped manufacturing them. Just ask any Titleist stockiest.

For example I know that Mizuno have stopped making the MP 54 so they should be cheap but Mizuno will not put them together for you, you will have to buy stock.

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Er....Why pick the AP2s?

The Combos you currently have are great clubs - whether they are the 3 style or 2 style ones!

My clubs are OK. Iv got the the CB version and my ball flight is just uncontrollably high and my distance isn't that fantastic with them because of this. I only paid £320 for them so just wanting an upgrade.

While you might get AP2 cheaper at the moment it will most likely be end of stock and you may not get to custom fit them. You will be able to find out if they have stopped manufacturing them. Just ask any Titleist stockiest.

For example I know that Mizuno have stopped making the MP 54 so thy should be cheap but Mizuno will not put them together for you, you will have to buy stock.

Right thats pretty interesting - thanks.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Where was your purchase from?

A little different with drivers/woods as Titleist have 3 or 4 stock shaft options with woods where as with irons it will be (guessing) just DG R300 and S300. However if you require the stock shaft options for the 714s then fill your boots and find someone with a set sat on their rack. Hope it helps.

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
ye the S300 is what I have now so would be going for that - cant justify project X shafts !
thanks for your help. Any recommended stockist that you use? Problem with my Golf club is that its where the Ping factory is based....

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Google mate, I picked up a 913d3 with stiff phenom which was a common shaft for under £150. There will always be a shop with a set left they want to turn into cash!

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
ye the S300 is what I have now so would be going for that - cant justify project X shafts !
thanks for your help. Any recommended stockist that you use? Problem with my Golf club is that its where the Ping factory is based....

Your literally looking for the cheapest place who has stock. Could be AG, could be some random club shop that has stock.

http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Titleist-AP2-714-Golf-Irons-Steel-Shafts.html

Make sure as you price check people that you compare the same number of irons as people like to hid that its 5-pw for £x when trying to get your attention.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi All,
In a bit of a club dilemma at the moment and want peoples advice.
I am wanting to buy some Titleist AP2 714 Irons. I was originally going to wait for the 716’s but I am not keen on how they look.

My question is basically what would be the best time to purchase them? I’m assuming the price will come down slightly after the 716’s get released? However if the price only decreases by £50 - £80 then I would buy them now since there’s still a good few months of golf left in the year (including an October trip to The Belfry!)

Additionally if anybody can find a set for a good price from a respected retailer then let me know.

Thanks crew.

The only look for me is how they look at address position. If they perform OK then how they look when parked upside down in the bag doesn't really matter.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Eh that's a wee bit not true, I got the xp95 s300 shafts in my AP2's after being fitted. Titleist have 3/4 different shafts as stock at no extra cost.

Eh thats is a weeee but 100% correct according to the Titleist web site... I would think the likes of AG do not buy too many diverse shaft options for their off the rack sales.... But totally whatever.... I was just trying to be helpful.