When do you think you will next play golf?

D-S

Visit site
Its amazing that it might well be postponed for a few weeks even after the schools have gone back. I assume they think that Scotland 'were dicing with death' keeping courses open whilst schools were shut. I also assume they believe that Scotland must have hidden the massive spike in infections/hospitalisations/deaths caused as a result of their recklessness. I would also be interested to know the science behind taking the risk of opening schools and allowing slightly more social contact outdoors but keeping courses shut. I fully understand the 'we're all in it together' nature of closing courses when everything else was shut down but not including golf in the first wave of easing seems to have no decent rationale.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Its amazing that it might well be postponed for a few weeks even after the schools have gone back. I assume they think that Scotland 'were dicing with death' keeping courses open whilst schools were shut. I also assume they believe that Scotland must have hidden the massive spike in infections/hospitalisations/deaths caused as a result of their recklessness. I would also be interested to know the science behind taking the risk of opening schools and allowing slightly more social contact outdoors but keeping courses shut. I fully understand the 'we're all in it together' nature of closing courses when everything else was shut down but not including golf in the first wave of easing seems to have no decent rationale.

Totally and utterly agree.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

How many people in Scotland have actually played/which courses have been open over the last month or so......?

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
How many people in Scotland have actually played/which courses have been open over the last month or so......?

Played regularly throughout January (two-balls only) but been snowed/rained off since start of February. Thaw kicking on now so I'm hopeful we'll be back out next week sometime. Fingers and toes crossed.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think we know any delay is an image point rather than risk. I can see that if you’ve stated number 1 priority is schools and likewise presenting an image of cautious approach to easing that you send schools and have a gap before other measures.

I thought they’d open any outdoor activities first so hopefully a very short delay.

Still if it is March that’s quicker than most predictions on this thread so perhaps we should be happy whether start or end, particularly if that suggests vaccines are being success.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If we get released in March, the plan is a few range session and a couple of trial rounds at two courses local before joining and playing full time as of april, C19 allowing of course

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
May as well go optimistic and post - morning papers suggest golf will be back between 8th March (school returns) and end of March, before outdoor eating at pubs by Easter.

I expect these "leaks" are to test the water of public opinion. First two seem sensible given Covid progress, not sure about hospitality but risk greatly reduced outdoors i guess.

The public opinion in this household is that it should never have been banned. :mad::mad::mad:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If we get released in March, the plan is a few range session and a couple of trial rounds at two courses local before joining and playing full time as of april, C19 allowing of course
I'm undecided...
Last time I went to the range and it went disastrously wrong when I got on the course...
Might go in cold this time.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Keeping golf shut never had any rationale;

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/news/golf-reopening-safe-says-science/

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
No way. You can't go to the range or practice net first. You're robbing yourself and your playing partners of 4 hours of comedy gold. Just think in 3 years you'll be having a pint saying “remember when I shanked that ball though the starters window".

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No way. You can't go to the range or practice net first. You're robbing yourself and your playing partners of 4 hours of comedy gold. Just think in 3 years you'll be having a pint saying “remember when I shanked that ball though the starters window".

I played every week throughout 2019 knocking it round to 12hc, played 4 times last year where scores were consistent in the 32/34 area so no robbery, just gives me time to find my new home.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Must admit, I was planning practice ground first, and then first tee. Partly to avoid the bun fight for tee times, partly due to work, partly due to being totally unorganised, and partly to try to tune in my new stick of awesomeness.

Probably end up on the first tee, straight in, what the heck, go for it.

gopher99

Visit site
i have a trip to St Andrews/ Gleneagles booked for 28th June. I am hoping that lockdown will have eased slightly by then, do you think this is still realistic?