When do you think you will next play golf?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was that not more down a medical experts suggesting that pubs/restaurants shouldn’t be open until May as opposed to restrictions not easing until then

The government won’t be able to afford to keep people locked down until May - thats 4 months lockdown , that’s just not going to happen even more so when vaccines are happening
I agree. They'd be riots and all sorts.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah it's a glorious day here too but it's absolutely sodden underfoot. If we get a solid week of this dry wind I might be tempted to head out in February. :D

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sodden underfoot? Have you started playing parkland golf?

I'm exaggerating of course, it's a bit damp, but the freeze/thaws makes tee times unpredictable due to frost closures in the mornings and the whole 2 ball only situation with no real comps means I can't be bothered.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Was that not more down a medical experts suggesting that pubs/restaurants shouldn’t be open until May as opposed to restrictions not easing until then

The government won’t be able to afford to keep people locked down until May - thats 4 months lockdown , that’s just not going to happen even more so when vaccines are happening

No. I was reading on the BBC news, article about why the vaccine won't result in coming out of lock down any time soon. It was about the pressure on the NHS, and nothing to do with pubs.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve played 4 days in a row , the greens were frosty and scoring was low but feel lucky we can go out and play just now.

I know how hard mentally it was the first full lockdown so hope the situation improves and the rest of you can get out to play.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guessing that, if they are not putting forward any plans to end lockdown until 22nd February, there is not going to be any golf until March at the earliest.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Next review in Wales it this Friday (29th). Not really expecting any relaxation re golf. They do them 3 weekly over here, so best hope is for some change in 6 weeks, but it'll depend on the figures. Wales has also been the slowest part of the UK to roll out vaccination so that won't help.

February is usually the month where I golf trips start...Algarve (no chance) and Porthcawl (minimal chance) ...but when you see the state of the hospital wards, it puts it into perspective. Although the number of folk driving to walk on the course with their dogs (without penalty) doesnt do much for morale.

Last edited: