When do you think you will next play golf?

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
We were always approximately 2 weeks behind England which is where i imagine the cautious approach is stemming from.

That's not how it works, Especially now the quarantine has been enforced. London will always have a higher r than anywhere else in the UK, so should bring England's figure up. (providing people are trying to follow the rules). Population density is the killer in this virus unfortunately. Scotland's is 67/km2 opposed to England's 259/km2 and 4542/km2 in London.

Overall if everyone follows the rules, Scotland should do much better then us and be a safer place to live. I would be incredibly surprised if England's wasn't higher than the Scots now and until there is a vaccine.

No problem with the cautious approach tho, as long as the data released is correct. "R" as figure is a bit of a crap statistic anyway, especially with the amount of testing and asymptomatic numbers of this disease.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I'm out tomorrow just after 10, only 9 holes but can't wait.
Couldn't decide on what set to play so it's a bit of a mix:

A nice white Wilson bag.
John Letters "Shotmaster 2 1/2 wood I restored in the lockdown.
Sparkbrook "USA Model" irons, 3 to wedge, these were a more budget line of clubs but I've not hit them yet so why not?
JB Halley "Pinmaster" sand wedge.
St Andrew Golf Co "Jupiter" putter, an old 1930s model with a bit more loft than modern day to counteract any extra grass length in the greens.

1589388855910.png1589388936730.png

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hopefully on Monday.
Downside is that I believe in Wales it has to be a 2 ball with a member of your own family. This may change before then and there is a committee meeting this evening that will hopefully clarify.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

A nice white Wilson bag.
Sparkbrook "USA Model" irons, 3 to wedge, these were a more budget line of clubs but I've not hit them yet so why not?
St Andrew Golf Co "Jupiter" putter, an old 1930s model with a bit more loft than modern day to counteract any extra grass length in the greens.

View attachment 30657View attachment 30658
Is it that long since we last played? :p

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

A nice white Wilson bag.

View attachment 30657View attachment 30658

Love the bag. It's the same size and design as my titleist bag. My pride and joy :)

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
As with any data, it's never perfect until you spend a lifetime analysing it. Lots of England is empty too! England has 12126 km2 (9.3%) of national parks as opposed to 5765km2 (7.2%) in Scotland.

You also have to take into account those 4542 people per km2 are in an area of 1572km2 in London compared to 439km2 of Edinburgh and Glasgow combined! There's a million other factors also, for example car ownership and average household size.

I'd much rather be in Scotland right now!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Report them. Even if you don't know their names, the club will know who they are.

That sort of selfish behaviour could put a stop to everyone playing.
If I see it when I play then I'll be reporting it as they'll be members although reportedly we've got a marshall going around on a buggy too. If people simply bust the rules apart then we'll lose what is in the current climate a privilege

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I predicted that we wouldn't be as busy as they thought we would and......
Of the 144 tee times available today...70 were not used.....
Some future days are more heavily booked but there will be spaces every day.

IanMcC

Visit site
I predicted that we wouldn't be as busy as they thought we would and......
Of the 144 tee times available today...70 were not used.....
Some future days are more heavily booked but there will be spaces every day.
How many courses do you have to have 144 tee times? We have put tee intervals at 12 minutes (GUW reccomend 10 to 15) and we have 56 tee times.

IanMcC

Visit site
6 tee times an hour on each 9 is 12 tee times an hour, 12 hours of start times is 144???
That is truly neat, and I admire the maths. I suspect true social distancing may be an issue at the 10th tee with 10 minute intervals on both nines, however. I hope I'm wrong and it all works out. Also well done on having the pro shop manned and course monitors present for 12 hours solid. We would love to have that luxury.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great round today with course in fine condition though the greens were covered in seed-heads as they don't want to stress the grasses especially with frost around presently.
I played Par/Bogey & lost by 3 on the front but by just 2 on the back....... more than satisfactory & no injuries so I'll be back again this Fri & Sat. :):)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
That is truly neat, and I admire the maths. I suspect true social distancing may be an issue at the 10th tee with 10 minute intervals on both nines, however. I hope I'm wrong and it all works out. Also well done on having the pro shop manned and course monitors present for 12 hours solid. We would love to have that luxury.
He can only play 9 holes. Front or back. No coming together of the groups.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

im only guessing, Imurg will no doubt correct

albeit did see my old course were booking from 5am!!!!!!!, 9 holes starting off 1 (on the hour and every ten mins) or 10 (at 5 past the hour and every ten mins) so expect they had more than that available

feel for my old mate who had to open up and be in the shop before 5am!!!!!!